Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carpenter newton

tca frosting/scabs

Hi All,

a quick tca cross question. Are the scabs which come from having a tca cross performed supposed to come right after the white frosting disappears? or is the frosting supposed to turn into a scab? reason I'm asking is that after having the cross on friday, the white frosting disappeared pretty much right when I got home, and now almost 2 days later, still no scabbing.

what has been your experence?

Thanks!

Hi All,

a quick tca cross question. Are the scabs which come from having a tca cross performed supposed to come right after the white frosting disappears? or is the frosting supposed to turn into a scab? reason I'm asking is that after having the cross on friday, the white frosting disappeared pretty much right when I got home, and now almost 2 days later, still no scabbing.

Thanks!

Hi All,

Thanks!

It is often a very light scabbing that you could call flaking. Keeping the scars moist minimizes this crusting/scab. You should see some light flaking soon. Are you treated areas red at all?

Hi All,

I've been looking around on the 'red marks' section of the fourm, but I cant find anything that can tell me what I can do to reduce the redness after tca cross.

any suggestions?

They will go away on their own soon enough for you I bet unless the doctor really went nutty with the TCA. I wouldn't worry about the redness right now and just concentrate on keeping them moist. Any worthwhile treatment other than fillers and subcision will leave you red for at least a month or two. It's actually a good sign right now cause it's a sign of your immune system responding to heal the areas.

Hi All,

I've been looking around on the 'red marks' section of the fourm, but I cant find anything that can tell me what I can do to reduce the redness after tca cross.

any suggestions?

i hope so. unfortunately, I have to get back to the real world in another day, and after seeing the way some people looked at the areas when I went out to get some groceries, it won't be a fun day at work.

i hope so. unfortunately, I have to get back to the real world in another day, and after seeing the way some people looked at the areas when I went out to get some groceries, it won't be a fun day at work.

Hello Carpenter Newton,

I've done the cross method a few times.I've done it with 100 % TCA from a doctor and 100% TCA off the internet.When I did the  100%TCA from the doctor, I immediately frosted and then turned gray several hours later.I stayed gray for maybe a week then peeled off.It really did help but I kept red spots for about two months.The TCA off the internet wasn't nearly as strong but thats really a good thing.The scars were very minor but it did fill them in nicely.I never got a scab just a silverish/gray spot after the frost disappeared.I hope this helps.

Hello Carpenter Newton,

I've done the cross method a few times.I've done it with 100 % TCA from a doctor and 100% TCA off the internet.When I did the  100%TCA from the doctor, I immediately frosted and then turned gray several hours later.I stayed gray for maybe a week then peeled off.It really did help but I kept red spots for about two months.The TCA off the internet wasn't nearly as strong but thats really a good thing.The scars were very minor but it did fill them in nicely.I never got a scab just a silverish/gray spot after the frost disappeared.I hope this helps.

Last year I bought my 100% TCA from peelsondemand.com. That stuff was strong! And my skin frosted right away and left dark scabs that would last for at least a week.

I still have that bottle of 100% TCA and I wonder if it has gotten any weaker from sitting around so long. My skin still frosts right away from it, but it doesn't seem to sting as much as before.

Peelsondemand.com is not around anymore, and I've been looking to buy fresher 100% TCA.. So far it seems like the only place I can find it is on Ebay, though people say the TCA there is weak.

Now I'm wondering where to buy another bottle of real 100% TCA from. confused.gif

I don't know.I got mine from a doctor quite a few years back.I also got a bottle of phenol which I accidentally broke.I don't know if you need 100% TCA, although you may.

Jeffh

Sadcat and all the others here who have done cross: how long did it take for your crossed scars to fill in? I did cross on only three small scars to see if it works for me, there was frosting and also very light, but long lasting, scabs. No reddness, no downtime at all. This is about 4 weeks ago now, but I cannot yet see a real improvement. On the contrary, the scars look even a bit wider (they were small icepicks). I have the impression, that they are filing in a very little bit from the bottom up, but that might also be just an illusion, it is really very hard to tell. Do I just have to wait, or should I give it another try?

Sadcat and all the others here who have done cross: how long did it take for your crossed scars to fill in? I did cross on only three small scars to see if it works for me, there was frosting and also very light, but long lasting, scabs. No reddness, no downtime at all. This is about 4 weeks ago now, but I cannot yet see a real improvement. On the contrary, the scars look even a bit wider (they were small icepicks). I have the impression, that they are filing in a very little bit from the bottom up, but that might also be just an illusion, it is really very hard to tell. Do I just have to wait, or should I give it another try?

I know what you mean sadcat. I thought i went too aggressive with a big deep scar having left a big hole in it, but just a month on filled in well and i was relieved. Going aggressive is a bit risky.. i think that scarring on certain areas of the face are easily punctured and and don't recover as well as others. That's how it seems with me. I'm gonna do another CROSS soon.