Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well i have mild acne and got maybed 1-2 pimples (mostly cysts) a week but ever since i started college 2 weeks ago my acne has gotten a bit worse and i just got 3 new cysts on my face at once and my face is oily-er! im guessing its due to the dorm food (junk food) so im gonna try to just eat veggies/fruits/lean meats/ and carbs(pasta)... ill update on how it goes

Guest Cubsfan

cut out the pasta and you'll do fine

Guest Cubsfan

you get carbs from fruits and vegetables, more carbs contents are in the sweeter fruits and veg. Just like there are good oils and bad oils there's also good carbs and bad carbs.

good carbs are found in natural food, they have a low glycemic index meaning the carbs are slowly digested by the body, giving you energy for longer periods of time. Bad carbs are found in proccessed food like (pasta, bread, cake, coke etc.), they have a high glycemic index giving you energy for a short period of time. The carbs in those food are digested quickly in the body forcing your pancreas to release insulin to regulate your metabolism.

bad carbs = more insulin = hormonal imbalance = sebaceous glands secreting oil = more acne

Guest Cubsfan
you get carbs from fruits and vegetables, more carbs contents are in the sweeter fruits and veg. Just like there are good oils and bad oils there's also good carbs and bad carbs.

good carbs are found in natural food, they have a low glycemic index meaning the carbs are slowly digested by the body, giving you energy for longer periods of time.  Bad carbs are found in proccessed food like (pasta, bread, cake etc.), the carbs in those food are digested quickly in the body (gives you energy for a short period of time)  forcing your pancreas to release insulin to regulate your metabolism.

more insulin = hormonal imbalance = sebaceous glands secreting oil = more acne

good carbs are found in natural food, they have a low glycemic index meaning the carbs are slowly digested by the body, giving you energy for longer periods of time.  Bad carbs are found in proccessed food like (pasta, bread, cake, coke etc.), they have a high glycemic index giving you energy for a short period of time. The carbs in those food are digested quickly in the body forcing your pancreas to release insulin to regulate your metabolism.

bad carbs = more insulin = hormonal imbalance = sebaceous glands secreting oil = more acne