Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jedi650

Dirty/Visible Pores... Any Suggestions?

Hey all,

I've always had a problem with having very dirty and visible pores on my nose. I try face-strips but they only unclog and clean a few pores. I wondered if anyone knew of a product or meoth od just cleaning out all of those pores and closing em up a little (making less visible), so I can have more refined looking skin. Thanks

blackheads right?

i'm still trying to figure it out too. don't use those nose strips too much, they leave tiny indentations/scars on the pores they do clear.

right now, i'm minimizing (not curing) the problem by exfoliation then using a deep cleansing mask on the nose. it makes blackheads and proes less visible but it's definitely NOT a cure. i hope i eventually grow out of it. eusa_pray.gif

yeah, I guess blackheads... I've never used the word so I don't know what blackheads really are, haha. But yes, I want nothing more than to clean em out thoroughly but wanted some advice before heading to the store and getting something. thanks

I have the same looking nose only mine has scars and red marks as well....I have yet to find anything thats helps.....

I guess the mask is the best way to go though

I've heard of ppl gently rubbing castor oil over blackheads (this won't clog your pores and the idea is that oil will dissolve oil and help unplug your pores), wash gently, then apply a clay mask.

i tried steaming, but the blackheads are so big and deep, they wont come out

when they do, it leaves a big hole and even after masking alot, dirt eventually builds up in the whole leaving another big blackhead. someone help?

Applying a mask on the nose before bed every night will diminish blackheads. A good mask is to use Phillips Milk of Magnesia (original) as one. It sounds weird, but it does work! And Paula Begouin ( a woman who works in the cosmetics industry, was seen on oprah and the today show) reccomends this, so that jsutifies using a laxative on your face for sure! This has cleared all the blackheads up on my nose, plus it only costs $5!

to steam all u have to do is boil some tap water and pour it into a medium sized bowl and put ur face over the bowl with a towel over ur head so steam cant get out, so its like a sauna for ur face.

make sure ur face isnt too close and the steam isnt too hot - normaly i'll wait a few minutes for the water to cool before i steam otherwise it might burn or u can let some steam out for a few seconds from under the towel.

its not instant, for u it might take a month to completley clear if u do it 5-6 times a week for about 10 mins, which really isnt long at all.

oh btw make sure u splash ur face with cold water after to close ur pores up again.

Hey all,

I've always had a problem with having very dirty and visible pores on my nose. I try face-strips but they only unclog and clean a few pores. I wondered if anyone knew of a product or meoth od just cleaning out all of those pores and closing em up a little (making less visible), so I can have more refined looking skin. Thanks

Those are blackheads (open comedoes). Those pore strips don't work that well in my opinion. Steaming makes them easier to remove. If you get a facial, they steam your face so they can extract them for you. For me they just come back though. I found that using a topical retinoid (Differin) helped a lot. My pores all over my face look smaller, and I have fewer blackheads on my nose and chin. I use Differin in Combination with DUAC gel and I'm getting pretty clear.

my blackheads and pores are 5x worse than that but I haven't found anything that works that well. Masks do help though.