Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David A

Does anyone blame thier parents..??

I don't know it bothers me the fact that I was young and stupid..

I didn't realy know what was going on with my face...

My dad sufferd from acne too you'd think he would of helped me out more

Idk..I just feel sometimes that my parents could of helped me out a lot more...

In my horrible experience I've got to the derm once and the normal doctor a couple times....

Only to get perscription that didnt work...When I'm a parent on the top of my list of things to do is going to be make sure my kids don't suffer the way I did...

Well my dad who had bad acne when he was younger and has very bad scars now helps me alotta, he sorted out all my derm apointments and that, at least i feel he understands what its like, i still cant talk to him about stuff though, i will try too one day soon. My dads the funnyest person i know wub.gif makes a joke outta everything

Guest *Clara

Both my parents had acne so I got it really early at age 11 but they understand. Though they're not as educated as I am on the subject. The internet is worth more than all money in the world. smile.gif

My dad had bad acne when he was my age. It lasted until his twenties, something I had no knowledge of until very recently. I hd always assumed it had gone away when he was a teen, and I never knew he had it that bad. My mom never had acne.

I have my dad's oily skin and I have acne.

I don't really blame him, I know it's not his fault. I do hate that he isn't more understanding though. I don't talk to him about my acne because all he would say is "just deal with it and stop being so silly". If he saw me crying over it he would just think that I'm dumb and immature. My mom is actually more understanding. It's weird because she's the one that never experienced acne.

I'm not saying that I blame them for it....I can't change genetics

I'm saying I wish they helped me out more...

Your dad is an asshole...

I never talk to my parents though..the only time I did was when I was having a break down my mom came in and asked what was wrong like 10 times so I finaly talked about it...never again since...

I think my parents meant well but they never treated it like a big deal "everyone gets zits, don't worry about it." I do wish they had taken it more seriously, because at 15 and 16 I had no idea that it would scar my skin and just left it. So there are times when I do feel angry when I'm having a bad day, like maybe if they would have taken me to a derm earlier I wouldn't be dealing with all these scars.

I don't know it bothers me the fact that I was young and stupid..

I didn't realy know what was going on with my face...

My dad sufferd from acne too you'd think he would of helped me out more

Idk..I just feel sometimes that my parents could of helped me out a lot more...

In my horrible experience I've got to the derm once and the normal doctor a couple times....

Only to get perscription that didnt work...When I'm a parent on the top of my list of things to do is going to be make sure my kids don't suffer the way I did...

i would never blame my parents . it's not their fault that i got acne and they are such wonderful people.

i totally get what youre saying.

my mum at my age had godawful skin, and she was pretty emotionally fucked because of it, and ive heard she tried to kill herself.

it must be pretty obvious to her that i have the exact same problems, and she has never said a single word about it to me.

infact, she seems to deliberately get to me...like i'll go wash my face, and then she will call me, try get me out of my room before i have time to let it settle and stick some make-up on.she will moan at me for spending hours in my room getting ready, and deliberately get me up 20mins before i need to leave the house.

this is what i blame her for.i KNOW she understands what im going through..why cant she remember how it feels???

My parents had very mild acne (I have other family members though that had horrible skin problems)...but they have really tried to help me with it...but they get pissed at my mood swings about it....they have this "I'm sorry, but you need to get over it" outlook.... blah....didn't get the good genes....it happens...oh well...

Mmm, I'm not sure, my dad has always had problems with his skin but it was never acne. But when I was younger and started to first get a pimple he like encouraged me to squeeze it and stuff, I think that was a major cause because that led to me just unconciously picking and stuff. Not his fault though.