Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone heard of or used the Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Peel. It sounds really good and according to the site its £39.95, but I am really sceptical! What does anyone else think? I know that the Skin Doctor Range is pretty well known. I would love to hear from anyone whos tried it and what kind of results you got?

Here is a segment I copied from the website:

Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy 50ml

Gamma Hydroxy is a powerful ONE-STEP resurfacing cream that can be used from the comfort of home. The continual skin renewing action of powerful hydroxy acids work 24 hours a day like a time released peel gradually resurfacing the skin, day after day without soreness or down time. Gamma Hydroxy will give visible results in just days achieving similar results to a chemical peel in around 12 to 14 weeks. Gamma Hydroxy can be used to achieve glowing skin, refined pores, a reduction in the appearance of wrinkles, freckles and age-spots. It can also visibly improve skin tone, clarity, and even scarring,? all from one cream!

It's like a time-released "Chemical Peel"

The fact that "Gamma Hydroxy" was invented as a resurfacer to help reduce the appearance of acne scarring is really what sets it apart from the ordinary exfoliants or cream peels. Imagine if a skin resurfacing formula is effective enough to work on the appearance of pitted acne-scarring skin then the humble wrinkle doesnt stand a chance.

Active Ingredients

Glycolic acid belongs to a class of AHAs commonly known as ?fruit acids?. It occurs naturally in sugar cane. It is considered to be a most effective AHA because it has a small molecular structure and so it can penetrate the surface of the skin more readily.

Lactic acid is naturally derived from sour milk and grain, and is often synthetically derived by converting malic acid (from apples). Its benefits to the skin have been well documented for centuries - even Cleopatra?s beautiful skin is attributed to her infamous milk baths.

Both glycolic and lactic acids work by loosening or breaking up the thick outer layer of skin. And through this microscopic exfoliation activity they smooth the skin?s texture problems including acne, fine wrinkles, pigmentation, and skin depressions. They also have the fantastic faculty of kick-starting your skin into its natural regeneration, stimulating collagen and skin growth.

Salicylic acid (BHAs) can be a little milder than AHAs because they don?t penetrate the dermis. But this doesn?t mean they are less potent. In fact, while BHAs essentially work the same as AHAs, they have certain talents that AHAs don?t have. Salicylic acid encourages the sloughing of dead skin cells as AHAs do, but it also has the ability to penetrate into the pore, while AHAs do not.This advantage makes it very effective for improving blemishes, by breaking down blackheads and whiteheads, and easing clogged pores.

For external use only.

I'm guessing no one has either heard of this or reckons that it wont be any good?

Hi,

I have just brought the Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy. It was marked down here by $20 so I took the plunge. I also read the web site and thought sounds good.

I 've been using it for a week now, morning and night. I have noticed small bumps coming up on my cheeks, tiny ones the same colour as my skin.

Not happy about that.

It's like my skin is having a reaction to it and/or the cleansing. I really don't think my skin likes having anything at put on it! MY skin seems sensitive so it might just be my skin, so may not happen to you.

I'm going to try a different cleanser and start putting the Gamma on only the areas where the scars are and not putting it on every inch of my face.

I will keep you posted and tell you if anything good comes from this product.

eusa_whistle.gif

I've been using it for quite a while and my red marks are still there....

I think it has done some good work though.

Although I have faith and will continue to apply it. It makes you get sunburn real easy though.

Thanks for replying guys.

I would be really interested to hear how you both get on with it. It was going to be my next step, but Ive since found something else called bio skin jetting - I ve just done a recent post on it, and Ive booked to have a consultation next week, so Im gonna see how that goes first, and if no joy, I will defo try the gamma hydroxy, as I think it sounds good!

Hope you both have success with it - and please keep us posted!

:)

I've stopped using it. I kept getting more and more tiny bumps on my face where I put the cream. It made my face look worse than before. I will wait and see if it clears up and then may try doing it less frequently.

roughdiamonds did you get a reaction like what I had? What improvements have you seen?

Smmoth,

Sorry about your bad reaction.

This is what pisses me off - we find something that MIGHT possibly help our scarring, only for it to bring us out in more spots! Its not fair!