Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pochon

Utterly ridiculous

I started the regimen roughly a week ago, and I feel it would work if I get my moisturizers and cleaning bars lined up. I started using Cetaphil's Gentle Cleansing bar and noticed it dried my skin out terribly afterwards. Well, I figured that was just part of it. I then wait 15 minutes and apply a bunch of BP (my face is used to BP from Proactiv). That hydrates my face for the most part and after another 10 minutes only my cheecks, jawline, and t-zone will really dry out. I looked at reviews for that cleansing bar and everyone said it left them with 'soft, great skin that wasn't dried out'. Ok, call me stupid, but should my skin be really dried out after I was with it? And also, the BP doesn't sting, but I've tried Cetaphil's Daily Facial Moisturizer, SPF 15, Fragrance Free, Eucerin's Extra Protective Moisture Lotion, SPF 30, and Neutrogena's Moisture Oil Free Formula, SPF 15 and they all tend to sting for a prolonged period afterwards. This is really irritating me; the hardest thing seems to be getting the right products that agree with my skin. Any help? I'm feeling a tad overwhelmed.......

The stinging is normal at first. If it prolongs more than a week, then stop using it; you're skin can't handle it.

maybe try the cetaphil liquid skin cleanser, not the bar. I find it's softer and gentler than soap bars, it's like washing your skin with lotion smile.gif

Perhaps the thing that may be causing your skin to sting is the SPF in the moisturizers. When my skin is at it's driest and most sensitive, I use the just the plain cetaphil moisturizer. With no spf. Until my skin is a little more calm and back to normal, then I'll use a moisturizer with spf.

I've found this to work also: First apply the cetaphil with no SPF to smooth and calm your skin. Then apply a facial SPF separately on top of that.

Hope that helps!