Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lockbox

Aramis laser

I saw some posts from people who tried aramis for active acne and were not pleased. Has anyone tried it just for scarring? If so, could you please post your experience? Also, who did it- Dr, Laser center etc.

Also, what's the difference between aramis, cooltouch, fraxel, etc?

Thanks!

I saw some posts from people who tried aramis for active acne and were not pleased.  Has anyone tried it just for scarring?  If so, could you please post your experience?  Also, who did it- Dr, Laser center etc.

Also, what's the difference between aramis, cooltouch, fraxel, etc?

Thanks!

Hi Colin-

I actually did use the search tool and read all of the Aramis information on the site before I posted this. From reading the posts it seemed to me that everyone using aramis was doing so with active acne, and I understand that aramis is one of the few approved for treatment of acne. I have not had active acne in many years and am not interested in how skin that is currently inflamed reacts to this treatment. I really was hoping to hear from someone who tried this treatment solely for improvement in residual scarring.

I also wanted to get a clear understanding what the scientific differences in aramis, cooltouch and fraxel are. Just reading what I have it sounds like they are very similar, with the exception that Fraxel is used to leave untreated cells to enhance recovery rather than treating all facial tissue at once. If anyone could lay out the differences for me I'd appreciate it. I've read information on other websites, but most of it just seems to be propaganda.

Just as a side note- for the people having bad experiences with the lasers, you should report your negative effects to Medwatch (the FDA), as the only way to get damaging or inefficacious treatments pulled by the FDA is through product complaints. Complaints can be lodged directly via the FDA website:

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/

or your doctor shouold also be bound to report any compliants that you have, but I doubt that they do.

Thanks for your help