Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeffh

Official: Big Easy Hospitals Unsalvageable

I have had punch floats and dermabrasion by Dr. Yarborough. I am extemely satisfied with both procedures, as they gave me very good improvement with my ice picks and rolling scars. Dr. Y does not have shaky hands.

animegirle has a very detailed account of her experiences with Dr. Y. portlandboy23 also has many posts about his punch floats and dermabrasion.

Jeffh, I've noticed you keep mentioning Dr. Y's age and asking about "shaky hands" in various posts. Your questions and tone seem biased and negative. You don't know what hospital he used, so I assume that you've never had dermabasion with him. Why are you going on like this? You can search Dr. Y in these forums and see that he has helped many people.

I have had punch floats and dermabrasion by Dr. Yarborough. I am extemely satisfied with both procedures, as they gave me very good improvement with my ice picks and rolling scars. Dr. Y does not have shaky hands.

animegirle has a very detailed account of her experiences with Dr. Y. portlandboy23 also has many posts about his punch floats and dermabrasion.

Jeffh, I've noticed you keep mentioning Dr. Y's age and asking about "shaky hands" in various posts. Your questions and tone seem biased and negative. You don't know what hospital he used, so I assume that you've never had dermabasion with him. Why are you going on like this? You can search Dr. Y in these forums and see that he has helped many people.

You can search Dr. Y in these forums and see that he has helped many people.

I have read posts from MANY patients that report severe changes in their skin texture, hypopigmentation, new scars.. He shouldn't accept patients with minimal scarring or dark skinned because dermabrasion is too aggressive and dangerous for them, but still he does. He should warn about the real complications of dermabrasion.. but he doesn't even do that, from what i have read.

<<<The patient or one anticipating going through with resurfacing treatments should bear most of the responsibility for researching the possible outcomes, complications, and risks prior to determining whether or not to go through with the treatment. >>>>

Dr Y. couldn't agree with you more.

The patient or one anticipating going through with resurfacing treatments should bear most of the responsibility for researching the possible outcomes, complications, and risks prior to determining whether or not to go through with the treatment. 

Are you saying that the patient must research the risks of the treatment while the doctor only has to do what the patient is asking for?

Are you saying that the patient must research the risks of the treatment while the doctor only has to do what the patient is asking for?

Drs. also shouldn't give women who weigh 100lbs. with a AA cup size a DD breast augmentation, but they do it anyways, even though it will look like an awful boob job and complications could and do occur, but that's the decision the patient has made for themselves. Said patient will go elsewhere anyways until she finds someone who will do it.

Unfortunately, It's "all about the benjamin's" for alot of doctors.Any doctor that will perform dermabrasions for anyone that walks through the door, I question their motives.I say and will always say ,the risk/reward for mild acne scarring with dermabrasion is POOR.

Dr. Yarborough went over the risks with me when I spoke with him on the phone and then again before the actual dermabrasion. Have people been reporting that he doesn't let them know of possible risks? I question very much if the information he gives goes in one ear and out the other.

It does seem that doctors need to go over risks with the patients more. Like Dr. Rullen with the Exoderm. Did he tell his patients that they could be raw or alarmingly red and sensitive for months after the procedure? Not to mention the results he promises that disappear after the swelling subsides. I agree that doctors need to educate the patients.

Another thing to consider is poor aftercare. I can't tell you how many times I've read that patients have been using medicated soaps, oils or special lotions after their dermabrasion. Sun exposure can also cause hyperpigmentation.

Drs. also shouldn't give women who weigh 100lbs. with a AA cup size a DD breast augmentation, but they do it anyways, even though it will look like an awful boob job and complications could and do occur, but that's the decision the patient has made for themselves. Said patient will go elsewhere anyways until she finds someone who will do it.

Dr. Yarborough went over the risks with me when I spoke with him on the phone and then again before the actual dermabrasion. Have people been reporting that he doesn't let them know of possible risks? I question very much if the information he gives goes in one ear and out the other.

The patient or one anticipating going through with resurfacing treatments should bear most of the responsibility for researching the possible outcomes, complications, and risks prior to determining whether or not to go through with the treatment. 

If Dr. Yarborough were as incompetent as you'd like to make him seem, how do you figure Brad Pitt trusting his face in the hands of Dr. Y.? He's done over 10,000 dermabrasions and counting. PLUS, he's a world class pianist. Not sure you could earn that title with "shaky" hands, mate..!

If Dr. Yarborough were as incompetent as you'd like to make him seem, how do you figure Brad Pitt trusting his face in the hands of Dr. Y.?  He's done over 10,000 dermabrasions and counting.  PLUS, he's a world class pianist.  Not sure you could earn that title with "shaky" hands, mate..!