Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EdenObscured

Enlarged pores

I have got rid of those acne bumps where its infected rightaway but my problem now is really clogged pores where you can see it and can sqeueeze it out if needed. im on honey and its working but is there anything to shrink my pores?

i didnt know honey was good for helping pores, coz ive got real bad looking pores on my nose and if honey is good at helping them, well :D/

There is nothing that can skrink Pores but here are a few suggestions how to make your pores look smaller for atleast a few hours.

1.) After your cleanse with warm water, splash on cool water. Not cold,cold water, just cool water. The cool water closes your pores.

2.) You can apply a BHA gel or lotion. I like Paulas Choice 1% BHA lotion (paulaschoice.com) or Neutrogena's Clear Pore Treatment.

3.) Apply an AHA to exfoliate the top dead skin layers (in short) about 3-4 times a week, at night only!

4.) If a girl is having this same problem, after you apply your BHA and BP in the morning, use some Oil-Free Pressed Powder.

~Nikki~

Salicylic acid is an BHA so you're good to go! However, gels and lotions are good for people who have sensitive, combination, oily, and normal skin types. Liqiud BHA's and AHA's (Gycolic Acid to name one) are good for people who have normal or oily skin types. The liquid forms of these can dry out skin and irriate skin, so I say just stick with gels and or lotion forms.

~Nikki