Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwilliams988

No products at all while on Accutane?

I'm 2 months into my .5 doseage (40mg per day, 180lbs) and I've been using stuff on my skin from day 1. I thought that the recommendation to not use BP 'or any of that stuff' was in order to decrease peeling. I've been using BP 2.5% consistently throughout the treatment, BP 10% on cysts, BP wash for 1 month-then gentle cleanser 1 month, Olays Oil-Free Moisturizer, Tea Tree Oil on and off, Aloe Vera gel right after cleansing, and salycilic acid ocasionally.

Would it be best to stop all of this? At the very least I would need moisturizer to reduce the peeling and flakiness during the day.

I stopped everything when I was on 80 mg a day. And I do mean everything.

I didn't even wash my face with cleanser... Just gentle rubbing and warm water in the shower. I avoided so much irritation.

I stopped everything when I was on 80 mg a day. And I do mean everything.

I didn't even wash my face with cleanser... Just gentle rubbing and warm water in the shower. I avoided so much irritation.

I still spot treat with the tea tree oil, it helps get rid of the big ones quickly that pop up during tane. If you do use 100% TTO though, it will dry out the areas pretty bad and lead to peeling. So only spot treat very lightly.

Really I would recommend just washing with a gentle cleanser(no BP or SA) and moisturizing, and spot treat if you need to.

I still spot treat with the tea tree oil, it helps get rid of the big ones quickly that pop up during tane. If you do use 100% TTO though, it will dry out the areas pretty bad and lead to peeling. So only spot treat very lightly.

Really I would recommend just washing with a gentle cleanser(no BP or SA) and moisturizing, and spot treat if you need to.

At first, I stopped everything. Later on I started using Olay TE, and then Brevoxyl creamy face wash 4% - it made all the difference in the world! I really saw a difference when I introduced both, but much more dramatically with the BP wash. I also eventually started to spot treat with BP and that helped things that developed clear up quickly. I only wish my derm would've told me sooner I could use these products... doubt.gif

ive been told u cant use anythin on ur face while on accutane/roaccutane (well anythin too drying anyway)... it may lead to scaring or sumthin...

ok cool... do u think that the proactiv face wash (with BP) would do a good job also?... (proactiv was working great for me)

Guest tenshigirl25

i wouldnt take the chance..taking accutane for a few more months and skipping on the BP wash might be a good thing. u dont want your face to dry off and scar.

yeh i guess so... but these pimples r pissin me off...lol... plus i have more bumps under my skin on my forehead... do u think they will just go away or become a pimple?... Can they go away without becomin a pimple?

so its ok to use it as long as i dont get too dry?... i might just let it heal on its own for a little bit... just incase it stuffes me up... dont really want to take that chance... but if i get really desperate then i might try the BP... thanks eusa_angel.gif