Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Brandy, no offense, but please don't be stupid. That's like telling the poor people in New Orleans that they should've gotten in their Suburbans and went to their summer home when the hurricane struck. If I call a counselor, what shall I pay them with? My mom's waitress money that can barely keep us alive in a single wide trailer?

Also, no counselor can help me.

Most importantly, why the fuck do I need counseling when i'm the one being constantly abused? What about the people who abuse me? Real nice logic.

Edited by Mr. GottaBeJuicedSon

my god.... its exactly like telling the poor people in New Orleans that the should've gotten in their Suburbans and went to their summer home when they hurricane struck.

your a genius.

Brandy, no offense, but please don't be stupid. That's like telling the poor people in New Orleans that they should've gotten in their Suburbans and went to their summer home when the hurricane struck. If I call a counselor, what shall I pay them with? My mom's waitress money that can barely keep us alive in a single wide trailer?

Also, no counselor can help me.

Most importantly, why the fuck do I need counseling when i'm the one being constantly abused? What about the people who abuse me? Real nice logic.

There are resources available to people who cannot afford to pay. Call your family physician, ask for help finding a counsellor for mental health issues, and that money is an issue. Each state has programs available to people, whether they can afford to pay or not.

You are not offending me any by your comments, but I don't see your situation improving on it's own and I think it's time you sought some help for yourself.

Guest Freak_Turbulence

I know in Canada you could get mental counselling as long as you have your health card, which everyone has...but in the US I (think) it's quite different. I agree that you are beyond forum help, but it is also perfetly conceivable to me that you do not have the resources/accessibility to get help. I think when people say "go get help", they really are ignoring your life and all of its factors. The only advice I think I could give is to get closer to your family, since you've said before that you have no friends. I honestly don't believe you when you say your family is as cold as you make them out to be. Even I have a cold family, but I know they are only cold because of the way I would act toward them. It's probably your attitude that makes them cold, not their internal dispositions.

Justin, honestly, I think you set yourself up for failure, knowingly.

First off, I can totally relate to how you feel about your face, as I continue to be a hermit and unemployed for now.

Honestly, Walmart? Everyone knows this is a job where as you will be interfacing with customers (ie: people) so if you have such anxiety (and you know this already) try for a job that will not be dealing, as much with the general public. So many wonderful posters have given you excellent advice/ideas and nothing has come out of it. We all truely wish the best for you, but there is NOTHING anyone of us can do.l YOU need to help yourself. For starters get in the phone book, or better, you have access to the internet, start looking up Plastic Surgeons or Dermatologists within your general area and ask if they offer "FREE" consultations. Once you find one. Make an appointment and go. Listen to the professionals and the advice they will give in how to go about treating your face. That is what I have been doing.

Then, start looking for a job that you know you will not be interacting with people on a daily basis. Maybe something in construction? Can you work with your hands? You have already shot down going into the military service, however, IMO that would be completely ideal for you. It would change your life drastically.

Justin you need to figure out what exactly it is that you want from us/this board. Because we all are trying and offering a helping hand, but you KEEP on shooting us down, why? If I knew where you were, I would personally shake some sense into you. There are so many options, you have to try and you will succeed.

You need a goal, to work for, and after a few consultations with some PS (and I recommend you receive a few referrals) you can start setting your short term, long term goals, and HOPEFULLY start feeling better about yourself!

Also, when going to your appts or meeting new people, it doesn't hurt to start networking, let them know your flexible/available for work. Do you work on cars? You could work at a garage. There are so many possibilities for you.

But what gets under my skin most about you, is your UNWILLINGNESS to help yourself, and then blame us, whom you don't even know, at all, for the reason why you are going to "snap" one day? WHY? Especially when all of us can relate to this affliction, as we are all is this ship together.

Justin, bottom line, I wish you all the best and good luck with your next choice.

I have to believe life gets better from here, besides, when your down, your supposed to just "PICK YOURSELF BACK UP, AND GO ON FROM THERE"

Take care,

Marie

LMAO @ a family physician. I live in a 5,000 dollar single wide trailer. People like me don't have family physicians.

And please get real, Brandy. I've been in a psychiatric ward five times in the last three or four years. It was a free, and the only thing they did was monitor my actions and give me medications. I'm a statistic to them, and they don't offer counseling. They only give counseling to people they feel still have a chance.

The only way I can see a doc is by getting admitted into a psychiatric ward, and that's useless. All they do is stabilize you there, and i'm stable as of right now.

if none what he is saying is true he is still a whacko to sit in these forums and make up 10 different accounts and watch girls like "clara" and "vanessa" what if hes a smart muthereffer... a predator let me mind u... theres no proof that he is not

LMAO @ a family physician. I live in a 5,000 dollar single wide trailer. People like me don't have family physicians.

And please get real, Brandy. I've been in a psychiatric ward five times in the last three or four years. It was a free, and the only thing they did was monitor my actions and give me medications. I'm a statistic to them, and they don't offer counseling. They only give counseling to people they feel still have a chance.

The only way I can see a doc is by getting admitted into a psychiatric ward, and that's useless. All they do is stabilize you there, and i'm stable as of right now.

If you think you are stable right now, your posts sure don't come across that way.

I hope you take everyone's advice and seek more help for yourself. You obviously have a Psychiatric history that none of us can help you with here.

Best wishes.

Marie, I didn't ask for anything from any of you. Stop acting as if I did. I made this thread to express my feelings, and I didn't ask for any replies. If you want to reply, that's your business. I got abused for no apparent reason in this thread.

Posting on here is my therapy. I can get everything off my chest. However, the negativity I receive is making it hard for me. The moderators aren't doing their jobs, either. I've had many posts deleted or put to a hault, but when someone abuses me, they don't get any reprimand.

lol this is bullshyt i posted two days ago this would happen , how strange i predicted the future, wish i could repost my post, lol, in it i said, watch in two days he'll come back online saying he did not get the job or failed or somthing even if he actaully had a job interview in the first place. and of course what i predicted has come true , i can no longer feel one ounce of pity for u and i dont see how anyone else could either.

Guest Freak_Turbulence

why not try boxing ? or some other fighting sport ? You said you're in a great form, and that's one business in which looks don't matter. If you're gonna snap, do it and win money.

Marie, I didn't ask for anything from any of you. Stop acting as if I did. I made this thread to express my feelings, and I didn't ask for any replies. If you want to reply, that's your business. I got abused for no apparent reason in this thread.

It is very logical actually. The abusers do need help, but the abused need counseling as well when the experiences have affected their lives beyond their control and coping level.

I agree with Brandy in regards to free services - there are always options available, so lack of money should not be an excuse.

Guest Freak_Turbulence
Justin, honestly, I think you set yourself up for failure, knowingly.

First off, I can totally relate to how you feel about your face, as I continue to be a hermit and unemployed for now.

Honestly, Walmart?  Everyone knows this is a job where as you will be interfacing with customers (ie: people) so if you have such anxiety (and you know this already) try for a job that will not be dealing, as much with the general public.  So many wonderful posters have given you excellent advice/ideas and nothing has come out of it.  We all truely wish the best for you, but there is NOTHING anyone of us can do.l  YOU need to help yourself.  For starters get in the phone book, or better, you have access to the internet, start looking up Plastic Surgeons or Dermatologists within your general area and ask if they offer "FREE" consultations.  Once you find one.  Make an appointment and go.  Listen to the professionals and the advice they will give in how to go about treating your face.  That is what I have been doing.

Then, start looking for a job that you know you will not be interacting with people on a daily basis.  Maybe something in construction?  Can you work with your hands?  You have already shot down going into the military service, however, IMO that would be completely ideal for you.  It would change your life drastically.

Justin you need to figure out what exactly it is that you want from us/this board.  Because we all are trying and offering a helping hand, but you KEEP on shooting us down, why?    If I knew where you were, I would personally shake some sense into you.  There are so many options, you have to try and you will succeed. 

You need a goal, to work for, and after a few consultations with some PS (and I recommend you receive a few referrals) you can start setting your short term, long term goals, and HOPEFULLY start feeling better about yourself!   

Also, when going to your appts or meeting new people, it doesn't hurt to start networking, let them know your flexible/available for work.  Do you work on cars?  You could work at a garage.  There are so many possibilities for you. 

But what gets under my skin most about you, is your UNWILLINGNESS to help yourself, and then blame us, whom you don't even know, at all, for the reason why you are going to "snap" one day?  WHY?  Especially when all of us can relate to this affliction, as we are all is this ship together.

Justin, bottom line, I wish you all the best and good luck with your next choice.

I have to believe life gets better from here, besides, when your down, your supposed to just "PICK YOURSELF BACK UP, AND GO ON FROM THERE"

Take care,

Marie

Stabilize and ignore you. There was a good case study done by D.L. Rosenhan called "Being Sane In Insane Places." But anyway, it would justify not going into hospitalization. Private practices are statistically the best at treating mental disorders, but like you said, a private physician is not a reality for you. I still wholeheartedly agree with you. "Get help, money shouldn't be an issue" is absolutely not good advice, and is absolutely not a reality. I wish I was more creative and more educated in how to possible help you, but the buzzphrase advice has got to stop. I would suggest that people who think they can offer you good advice (and there are many on this forum that could), to stop giving bad advice and start giving advice that tailors to the factors specifically in your life.

Nick.

Guest Freak_Turbulence
Sebastien - He says he isn't asking for replies, but indirectly, I believe he seeks them.  He needs that connection, but is losing much of it by knocking down the productive posts.

I agree with your suggestion.