Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kah_lua47

QUICKIE.. salicylic acid 2.0 %

I noticed that salycilic acid is used as the active ingredient in neutrogena's acne mark fading peel.. Has anyone tried using just SA 2.0 % for fading marks?

Yeah it helps, but not much. It will take a while to see anything significant. 2% is just too low of a concentration.

I noticed that salycilic acid is used as the active ingredient in neutrogena's acne mark fading peel.. Has anyone tried using just SA 2.0 % for fading marks?

SA took me about a month of usage (SA Wash + Pad morning and night) to see any results... it definitely cleared up my forehead and nose and they've been good since.... in fact I plan to just use SA pads on my nose to keep those pesky blackheads away.

It also really helped fade red marks... its weird, when you have it on the red marks stand out a bit but when you wash it off you can notice them fading.

SA took me about a month of usage (SA Wash + Pad morning and night) to see any results... it definitely cleared up my forehead and nose and they've been good since.... in fact I plan to just use SA pads on my nose to keep those pesky blackheads away.

It also really helped fade red marks... its weird, when you have it on the red marks stand out a bit but when you wash it off you can notice them fading.

Yeah it helps, but not much. It will take a while to see anything significant. 2% is just too low of a concentration.

thanks for the reply. do you know of any products with more strength?

thanks for the reply. I think i'm going to test out this 2% for a bit.. and if there are no other alternatives to red marks and 2% just isn't strong enough, then I'll go see a derm for a prescription. thanks again guys.

im using clearasil with 2.0% SA and it helps fading redmarks, not very much though, but it does help

SA and glycolic acid will fade red marks over time. You must be patient. It took years to create our spotted, scarred faces. Unfortunately, it will take years to correct it.