Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest frogprince

BODYBUILDERS UNITE

ur acne is prolly only ue to some mild allergic reacction or sensitivity. i am taking whey protein. i refuse to take creatine but i plan to take glutamine. i might be open to taking at most 100g protein serving a day.

im using 2 kinds of formula for detrmining my protein intake:

protein in g = weight in kg x 0.8 up to 1.8

or accdg to total calories:

protein in g = total calorie intake X %of protein in calories (in my case about 12-30%) divided by 4 (since 1 g of protein is equal to 4 calories)

(3500 cal X 12%) divide by 4 = 105 g protein

i am taking 46g protein from whey and the rest from animal and vegetable protein meals

http://exercise.about.com/cs/nutrition/a/protein_2.htm

http://www.thedoctorwillseeyounow.com/arti...tion/protein_2/

EDUT: wow!!! shock.gif i just checked the protein calculator in bodybuuilding.com it suggests about 1.8 g per pound of weight! I am srprised because i remember years ago when i was seraching the site they are using the first formula i inluded above which has half the calculation. i believe some of it has to do with profit and money making business

-can someone enlighten me about HIIT traning? will it help the skinny ones who like to gain weight? if yes is there a good site that gives step by step guide to do hiit??

-i dont want to take protein above 100g i just want to take about 60g but i still increase my caloric intake 3500 cals/day going up to 5000 cals/day. will i still gain muscle mass?

i know but i can only mostly be open to 199wrsetler's suggestion to take 100g max of protein. not because of worrying about acne but i just don't feel like it's healthy. i dont want to bulk up like arnold or some guy who looks like has a body with an unproportinal head. i just want to gain more mass about 15-20 pounds more and im happy.

Man, don't worry about getting too muscular, biggrin.gif .

Seriously, i think a lot of guys and girls who say that, that they are afraid of getting "too much muscles" have probably never trained. Muscle doesnt grow overnight.

If you're a beginner and you train hard, eat right and rest enough you'll probably make good gains and you'll look "trained", a bit like a swimmer.

To be like arnold takes a lot of steroids, years of training, a life that evolves around bodybuilding. Remember, arnold is a genetic freak too. Not many people can actually gain that much muscle.

60 g of protein is way too less. Even for a normal person it isnt enough, so when you're training and only eating that you'll probably lose muscle. I cant really see how you want to eat 3500+ cals and only get 60 g of protein.

On the other hand, i have the impression that on the internet they try to stress the protein intake a bit too much (like 1.8 or 2 g of protein per pound of bw). Just get enough of cals, and at least 100g (-> even more would be better, like 150 g) grams of protein. You might get a lil gassy at first. Dont overdo it either cause you'll put a lot of stress on your kidneys.

These guys are right, 60-100g of protein a day wont do shit. Especially if you are a skinny guy (ectomorph). If you want to gain muscle you will HAVE to consume around 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight.

LOL - I love when people say "I dont wanna get too big".

You honestly have nothing to worry about; especially if you are a wire-like frame to begin with. You will put muscle on at a very slow rate; too slow to really notice without photo's - and trust me, it will never be to a point where you're like "damn it - way too much muscle!"

As said previously, muscle comes on slooooowly, and to build extremely hard, cut and mature muscle mass like someone such as Arnold had, or like any of the pro's or semi-pro's have today will take not only at least a couple years of training at an insane intensity, but also a heavy cycle program of various types of steroids.

Just eat over 100 grams of protein, and keep your cals up to 3500, and you should see decent gains over a 6 month period.

3500 is quite a bit of calories.. especially for a lot of people.. i read on a good site that a good goal is to multiply your bodyweight by 16-18.. and thats a good target for putting on muscle.. if your regular intake is 2000 cals.. and your eating an extra 1500.. your definently gonna put on a good amount of fat.

i know but i can only mostly be open to 199wrsetler's suggestion to take 100g max of protein. not because of worrying about acne but i just don't feel like it's healthy. i dont want to bulk up like arnold or some guy who looks like has  a body with an unproportinal head. i just want to gain more mass about 15-20 pounds more and im happy.

renstuff...takin too much whey protein wont make u overly muscular.... lol... it depends on what u want to acheieve.. choosing different types of programs to help you. Also... When u notice u are about to get overly muscular.. u could just stop.... LOL.

Hello,im new to this so bare with me,, im 37 male,been working out for 15 years,never had a problem with zits until about 2 years ago,, iget them around the chin line and neck,always the same spots too! its making me crazy!lol, i take pro performance soy protein, just started the glutamine and flaxseed,, and i take multi mega men from Gnc,with vit b complex, im hoping someone can help me figure this out,cuz im getting the white heads and they scar, anyway i appreciate any advice,thanks guys.

Does your multi vitamin have iodine in it? I cant take a multi with iodine. I cant even eat a lot of seafood or I break out.

Guest frogprince
So, has anyone experienced break-outs from protein supplements?? Has anyone tried diff protein supplements such as egg, or soy (BLEGH!)?

Guest frogprince

guy what supplements are you currently using/ plan to use?

i plan to use

Optimum Nitrution 100 Whey Protein Isolate

Prolabs Glutamine

AST Sports Science Micronized Creatine

AST Sports Science NAC

Hello,im new to this so bare with me,, im 37 male,been working out for 15 years,never had a problem with zits until about 2 years ago,, iget them around the chin line and neck,always the same spots too!  its making me crazy!lol, i take pro performance soy protein, just started the glutamine and flaxseed,, and i take multi mega men from Gnc,with vit b complex, im hoping someone can help me figure this out,cuz im getting the white heads and they scar, anyway i appreciate any advice,thanks guys.

Guest frogprince
Hello,im new to this so bare with me,, im 37 male,been working out for 15 years,never had a problem with zits until about 2 years ago,, iget them around the chin line and neck,always the same spots too!  its making me crazy!lol, i take pro performance soy protein, just started the glutamine and flaxseed,, and i take multi mega men from Gnc,with vit b complex, im hoping someone can help me figure this out,cuz im getting the white heads and they scar, anyway i appreciate any advice,thanks guys.

ya thats exactly what happened to me.. it sounds like an iodine overdose.. try not to get over 150mcg/day which is the rdi. i was getting pimples all over my jaw line and in other places too and on my neck.. i stopped taking the multivitamin and drank less milk and they went away and i stopped breaking out as much.

in my opinoin, if you get a pimple on the same spot, it could be more of an external irritation as opposed to an internal cause.

For me, i get spots on my chin and my top cheek - and these are the parts that my cellphone touches all the time. I always make a caution for myself to clean my cellphone all the time, and also not to touch those sensitive areas.

Guest Mr K

what is everyones stats...

Im 87kg now - 176 cm

Guest frogprince

in my opinoin, if you get a pimple on the same spot, it could be more of an external irritation as opposed to an internal cause.

For me, i get spots on my chin and my top cheek - and these are the parts that my cellphone touches all the time. I always make a caution for myself to clean my cellphone all the time, and also not to touch those sensitive areas.

ya thats exactly what happened to me.. it sounds like an iodine overdose.. try not to get over 150mcg/day which is the rdi. i was getting pimples all over my jaw line and in other places too and on my neck.. i stopped taking the multivitamin and drank less milk and they went away and i stopped breaking out as much.

Just becuase u use supplements doesnt mean your gonna get bad skin... infact i hardly know anyone~ with bad skin from taking supplements.

I had the most greatest skin before i tested roids out" i am just unlucky i got very bad side effects

Alot of my friends who are juicing have perfect skin. - bastards

Hey Frog, i thought that too,but i get them in different areas,were the cell doesn't touch, i dont know,this is a pain i tell ya lol, im too old for this shit! lol. Im gonna try not taking the multi for a couple weeks a see what happens. Does anybody know if Pro Performance suppliments are any good? im doing the soy protein and the glutamine? thanks.

Hey Super,you say it might be the iodine? i just checked and it has (as potassium

iodide)150mcg. Ill stop taking it and see what happens,,i also just started taking zinc,is that ok?i should probably check out my protein to for iodine? what supplements do you take? thanks man.