Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest frogprince

BODYBUILDERS UNITE

Congratulations on the muscle gain!

I’ve tried to gain muscle but I crashed and burned.........

I’m a 5"6' girl and I weight 115 all of my fat is on my legs! (Dame fat) and my upper body looks to skinny. I don’t wont to be a big female bodybuilder more like Gwen Stefani from No doubt. I really don’t like lifting REALLY heavy. Please if you have any advise let  me know, Thanks a lot!

Oh and I don’t eat meat so it’s a little heard to get a lot of protein...and I can’t eat dairy

Lentils, split peas, etc. have tons of protein. Soy can create estrogen issues in men so most avoid taking in alot, but I would assume this probably wouldn't be an issue for girls. To be honest, I just don't know, you'll have to do some reasearch.

The best way to burn fat is to build muscle. Stick with cardio as well, but add in some weightlifting and you'll change your body faster. Don't be scared of looking like a female bodybuilder, that's nearly impossible to do without drugs of some sort.

j

If men drink a lot of alcohol they also get "man/bitch tits" at least thats what they said in NY times, or something like the NY times, oh and if women drink a lot of alcohol the grow stuff :/

I’m a 5"6' girl and I weight 115 all of my fat is on my legs! (Dame fat) and my upper body looks to skinny. I don’t wont to be a big female bodybuilder more like Gwen Stefani from No doubt. I really don’t like lifting REALLY heavy. Please if you have any advise let  me know, Thanks a lot!

Oh and I don’t eat meat so it’s a little heard to get a lot of protein...and I can’t eat dairy

Lentils, split peas, etc. have tons of protein. Soy can create estrogen issues in men so most avoid taking in alot, but I would assume this probably wouldn't be an issue for girls. To be honest, I just don't know, you'll have to do some reasearch.

The best way to burn fat is to build muscle. Stick with cardio as well, but add in some weightlifting and you'll change your body faster. Don't be scared of looking like a female bodybuilder, that's nearly impossible to do without drugs of some sort.

j

Thanks Turnergirl, if only there was a way to alter genes. I am tired of having a big butt! It seems like lots of people in my family loves it, they smack it all the time and say: “cant help it, it just sticks out so far, you can’t help but smack it� but on the plus side its more padding for when I fall in it! wink.gif

j

Guest Mr K

genetics plays an important part.

Dont rely on protien shakes - except straight after work out.

Guest Mr K

"I worked out on a 3 day cycle

Chest / Triceps

Back / Biceps

Shoulders / Legs

Day Off"

I hope u mean a day break inbetween splits.

Guest Mr K

"I decided that I would only have this supplement 2-3 times a week.

That way, I could still get some of the benefits for my bodybuilding."

There is no point taking it unless u do it properly.

"However, I remember somebody telling me,

"if you stop, you'll piss away all your gains""

"That's what happened. I enjoyed my gains for a while and I got lazy and stopped eating

Unfortunately, I lost all my gains. I am back at approx 116 lbs."

Yeah. 3 fundementals to body building .

1. Train hard

2. Eat diet properly

3. Recover

If your missin any in this equation. than u will get no where.

My current "off season" weight is 86 kg i have to eat 240g of protien a day to maintain my mass.

On season i get up to 95 kg.

Guest Mr K

Just becuase u use supplements doesnt mean your gonna get bad skin... infact i hardly know anyone~ with bad skin from taking supplements.

I had the most greatest skin before i tested roids out" i am just unlucky i got very bad side effects

Alot of my friends who are juicing have perfect skin. - bastards

Guest frogprince

wow, i started this thread and didn't check it in a while - i didn't realize there was

so many replies until i checked it now.

since there are so many weightlighters here, we should have our own exercise forum!

ok, i guess i had too much fear of breaking out from supplements, but it seems

that it's just fine now that everybody's explained it. I'm heading to the Supplement store

in a bit.

thanks for all the advice everyone. I really appreciate it.

mr. k -

"i had the greatest skin before i tested roids out". I am just unlucky

i got very bad side effects."

what exactly happened?

Thanks Turnergirl, if only there was a way to alter genes. I am tired of having a big butt! It seems like lots of people in my family loves it, they smack it all the time and say: “cant help it, it just sticks out so far, you can’t help but smack it� but on the plus side its more padding for when I fall in it! wink.gif

Guest Mr K
creatine

glutamine

hmb

and protien

is a must.

I'd add a multi vit and fish/flax oil to that list and take away the HMB and glutamine.

Hey

I am a wannabe bodybuilder too. Unfortunetly i dont have the best genes, so i really have to focus on my diet to gain any mass. I need ALOT of protein to put on mass and the only way I can do this is by drinking protein shakes atleast 3 times a day, because I find it hard to eat that much protein in food.

Many supplements I have tried really break me out. Creatine is a major one! I wont use that again - I have tried many different brands and types and they all break me out too badly.

Then there are MRP and Protein shakes - These break me out too(yay) - Again I have tried diff brands and types. Recently though I have been thinking that it might not be the protein powder itself. It might be all the vitamins that come with them - ESPECIALLY zinc - which makes my skin worse.

Also milk seems to aggrevate my skin quite a bit and when i do drink these powders, im drinking like 1,5 litres of milk per day.

I am trying to bulk up again and going to buy some MRPs and protein powders - just going to drink them with water instead of milk, and also try find a brand that doesnt include all these vitamins!

Anyone else have the same experience??

Have a look at Optimum Nutrition 100% whey which is considered to be the best. Or Dymatize Elite, which is also popular but is slightly cheaper and doesn't contain aspartame.

Look in the cyberstore here.

bodybuilding.com

Guest Mr K

"Advice: first learn to do excercises correct"

good advice dude!!!

currently taking

Creatine Ethyl Esther (cee) from TP

whey protein that uses splenda(from costco)

green tea extract

arginine/ornithine/lysine stack

fish oil

glucosamine

ephedrine/caffeine stack

tyrosine

i am on a cutting phase.

workout 3 times a week

chest/triceps

legs/abs/obliques

back/shoulders/biceps

by the way guys, GLUTAMINE is useless unless takin in at high dosages which cost alot of money. So dont fall into that stuff, also avoid Muscle Tech products which rip off people with their high prices and you can buy much better products for cheap .

I'm not a bodybuilder, though I act/eat/lift like one biggrin.gif

I've been on a cutting cycle for the past few months, lost 27 pounds so far. BF% gone from 20% to 12% on a 5'11" frame. Basically have been eating 'clean' lots of chicken/fish, carbs only around my workout time, proper preWO and PWO nutrition, getting plenty of water to hydrate and oh yeah lots of rest. No crap soda or fast food to speak of (okay I had INO burger twice but that's about it)

As for supplements, not many. ON 100% double choc after workouts, L-glutamine, fish oil caps daily. Since this is an acne board... I'll share my creatine horror story. I did a creatine load in college and got some of the WORST ACNE I've ever seen in my f'n life. Obviously my body didn't respond to it very well. I had huge cysts in strange places... mainly on my pectoral and also on my arse. These were like 3-4mm in diameter I kid you not and painful as heck. I have NO DOUBT that creatine works for people and have known many many ectomorphs that added some serious bulk while on it... but there are some side effects... and for me it was disgusting body acne. I know a couple other friends who experienced this as well.

On to brighter/happier things... my WO split goes as follows:

M- chest/tri, W- back/bicep, Fr- shoulders/legs

Tu,Th, Sat- Cardio

-can someone enlighten me about HIIT traning? will it help the skinny ones who like to gain weight? if yes is there a good site that gives step by step guide to do hiit??

-i dont want to take protein above 100g i just want to take about 60g but i still increase my caloric intake 3500 cals/day going up to 5000 cals/day. will i still gain muscle mass?

No, you will probably not have a very substantial gain in muscle mass while intaking only 60 grams per day. That is simply not NEARLY enough. And btw - I hope you will enjoy becoming a lard - because 5k calories, with only 60 grams of protein, is going to lead to exactly that wink.gif

Just buy some whey, and get your damn protein - you'll be happy you did it in the end, when you are standing in front of the mirror with a bunch of extra muscle mass.

I take, and have taken several different types of whey protein, as well as several different supplements (Creatine, Tribulus, 1+, Glutamine, etc)

Not a single one has had a noticeable affect on my acne.

I suppose thats lucky for me... but I've never really found that my diet has had too much of an effect.