Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The pink soap you used was called Fresh Farmacy. I've it before and it was too drying, along with the black coal soap. I also used the Mask of Magnaminty and well... let's just say I've never been more allergic to anything that bad before. I broke out in itchy pimply patches all over. I wanted to wear a bag on my head when going to class.

Nothing else really worked for my skin, except for the moisturizer called Celestial, which most people on these boards would look at the ingredients and run for the hills, but it's amazing for me. It has never made me break out, and is great when I get really dry, flaky skin and makes my skin look normal and healthy and it doesn't burn, like most do for me.

this mask, for one, it smells fcukin awful!!! Though I admit, I started to get used to it. For the first five days I was shoving TP up my nose, and it actually helped block most of the smell out. I guess what makes it stink so bad is the raw garlic and tea tree oil. The combo of the two is just putrid. So I guess your wondering then why I continued to use it every day

Has anybody else got any reviews on their other products too?

Being situated in Asia LUSH is just one of the few brands that don't require me to ship. Things like QH Mint Julep, it's gonna cost a bomb to ship here.

If you are interested in more LUSH reviews (and some that are more positive lol) go to www.makeupalley.com . YOull need to set up an account but it is free, and pretty much every product Lush makes has tons of reviews there so you can get an idea of what to expect from all of them.

Lush also has their own message boards on their website, but I don't think you always get a good idea of what a product is really like there bc there are some ppl who totally love lush who don't like to have poor reviews of their products, and numerous threads in the 'rants and raves' section about how 'rants suck' if you get my drift.

I would definitely recommend makeupalley (MUA) though bc there are tons of brands there with lots of reviews.

I should also add that though I'm not a fan of lush skin (or hair) care, their soaps and bath products are quite cool (though still a bit pricey) so that might be a good thing to check out for ppl on this board as they're probably less likely to cause problems.

Guest mishmosh

nothing to do with skin, but their marilyn conditioner for blonde hair is ace! just thought I would plug it! really brightens it up.

back to skin sorry....

^Thanks for your comprehensive review! I'd just stick with that one product first then (that mask), i agree it's way expensive.

Congrats! I think complexion is most important. And thanks Baptisa. Yup, I've just applied the first mask yesterday, strangely the smell doesn't irk me much, maybe cos mine is gonna expire soon (that's why it was sold "cheaply" to me). I've just read the thread "a new light for many of us!", what do you think about it?

wo. i feel stupid....110g of mask, 17.9 USD! the saleswoman gave me some chocolate fudge mask to try too.

That's not right.....my mask was less than $10 USD for 100g

and just to add, I don't believe the LUSH websites advertise the masks, mainly because they can't ship them. (due to the fact they must be refridgerated)

You have to find a store to go to, in order to buy it.

I've just read the thread "a new light for many of us!", what do you think about it?

I have adult acne and I have tried using just water etc. Unfortunately if I stop using products I go straight back to being a mess.

I wish I could though. sad.gif

i just realised the dumb salesgirl gave me the wrong mask! now i exchanged it for the supposedly correct one, but there's not really any smell and no grains at all.

19yo, can you describe the texture and appearance of that cosmetic warrior mask? and have you created your own batch of masks yet? i'd want to, but i don't really know how and the ingredients hard to find.

i just realised the dumb salesgirl gave me the wrong mask! now i exchanged it for the supposedly correct one, but there's not really any smell and no grains at all.

19yo, can you describe the texture and appearance of that cosmetic warrior mask? and have you created your own batch of masks yet? i'd want to, but i don't really know how and the ingredients hard to find.

the texture is goopey and lumpy (cuz of the grapes) and it stinks. It was a beigeish kinda colour.

I haven't created my own since I keep on forgetting about it! I just have been really busy the last couple weeks. And I just finished it about a week ago.

You don't need all the ingredients. Just take some garlic, green grapes, and squirt some mask (w/ kaolin) in there....also if you have any tea tree oil hanging around too.

Playing Devil's Advocate here, I have tried cosmetic warrior and it broke me the hell out! Some people may tell you this is purging but the way I see it if you slap a load of gunk on your face it's more than likely going to block your pores and voila, a faceful of spots! I stay well away from face masks now.

Having said that, there are a few things from Lush I really like, just not the masks.

Kaz

the texture is goopey and lumpy (cuz of the grapes) and it stinks. It was a beigeish kinda colour.

I haven't created my own since I keep on forgetting about it! I just have been really busy the last couple weeks. And I just finished it about a week ago.

You don't need all the ingredients. Just take some garlic, green grapes, and squirt some mask (w/ kaolin) in there....also if you have any tea tree oil hanging around too.

I think the eggs should be added as well. Personally I used only the whites as this is pure protein and the yoke only fat.

Thanks dishstar. How big is that 20g bottle though? I don't really know how much that is, and how much of it I should add to the mask.

I think the eggs should be added as well. Personally I used only the whites as this is pure protein and the yoke only fat.

I crushed some garlic today and put it on my face...wow it hurts!

Well it seemed to bring out some new pimples. So can I say it accelerated the life cycle of my pimples?

I wanna try to create my own masks (so far I've heard of and am interested to try: Oatmeal; Yogurt + Grated Orange Peel; Garlic +...), but how do I make it like those LUSH sell? I mean the texture...so at least I can put it on my face myself without them falling all off..

I crushed some garlic today and put it on my face...wow it hurts!

Well it seemed to bring out some new pimples. So can I say it accelerated the life cycle of my pimples?

I wanna try to create my own masks (so far I've heard of and am interested to try: Oatmeal; Yogurt + Grated Orange Peel; Garlic +...), but how do I make it like those LUSH sell? I mean the texture...so at least I can put it on my face myself without them falling all off..