Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr Miracle

Flakiness Hints & Tips!

1. Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Bar (Pink bar) (White box)

(It's much better than all the other cleansers out there)

2. Take Flax Seed Oil or Fish Oil (Flax seed oil preferrably)

(This is the best pill you can take for acne and for healthy skin overall)

3. When washing your face and flaky skin appears, rub gently in a circuilar motion for as long as you can or they're all 99% gone or too tiny to see. This helps in eliminating them since moisturizing simply won't restore them back to normal. Flakyness is no other than ripped patches of dead skin but they're still hanging to the skin, so simply moisturization won't do it. Scotch tape is way to harsh on your skin, just do it yourself.

4. Moisturize as much as you can

(It won't cause more flakiness, unlike spread rumors)

Good luck & stick to the regimen...!

so while your washing your face you jus move your hands in a circular motion over the dry patches?

Yes, all over the dry patches... it'll take time (5 mins) & they might seem to increase but after a little bit you'll see them reduce greatly... & after 5 mins they're all gone.. then just add some more water & walla! :D

Good suggestions Dr Miracle. But am suspicious about number 3....rubbing your face in my opinion stimulates more oil production.

Not if you wash your hands and face throughly & do it when your face is wet. Trust me is the best way to get rid of flakiness...!

I'm doing it everyother night & it's wonderful, no more peeling or flaking when I eat or smile...!

Guest fatman_uk

Someone suggested number 3 a year ago on here an i tried it an it jus caused too much irritation with all that dam rubbing.

Jus use the Scotch Tape method if you have sensitive skin, it'll pull the dead skin away from your face rather than waitin for it to rub off.

-Gaz

Guest fatman_uk

Also, Number 1, usin a gentle soap bar, that's a good one.

But Number 4 is untrue, it totally depends what moisturiser you use. The thicker it is, the more chance of flaking. Other factors could be certain ingredients, some use kinds of wax, etc, in their products.

All trial and error im afraid. But if it works for you, then that's kool... :D

-Gaz

I'm curious bout this, whats scotch tape fatman? U mean the the white, see through/invisible/transparent tape that is used for wrapping presents? how are u supposed to use it actually...and whats the purpose? To remove the dead skin cells....?