Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys! thanks for taking time to look at my log. here's a bit of background info on myself before murad

Acne - Mild

Redness - on nose, cheeks and chin

Oil - Lots of it!

Cysts - Yes about one a month

White Heads - on cheeks, side of chin and forhead

Little back dots that aren't black heads - On nose

Gender - female

Age - 16 (got acne at 10 years old)

ok so i've been using murad for four weeks now and i'm noticing a big improvement with my acne! the redness is calming down by more than half! my oil has gone down so much i barely need oil blotters in a day. before i needed 3 in just one school day. i'll tell you how many i use in a school day when school starts. my white heads on my cheeks have gone down ALOT! i only have two on my left cheek and one on my right (which is healing and just red now). my little black dots are almost gone but murad didn't help with this. i used biore pore cleaning strips (stick and rip off).

the things i don't like about murad is that when i was using it my forhead broke out for the first time in a year. i have pimples, 3 white heads and a cyst that's almost gone now. also i get sooo many more cysts when i'm using murad than if i didn't use it. i have two healing ones on my chin and two that showed up this morning. i have two or three on the side of my head and one on my nose. they're not really big cycts they're just painful. if i put makeup on you wouldn't be able to tell i had them!

i started the murad acne pills two days ago. it said to take two in the morning and two before bed. mom and i decided this was WAY too much so i took one before bed on the first day. the next day i had diarea and lots of gas from it! so yesterday i took a half before bed. i'll keep you updated on how they're working. it says it'll reduce ance by 55% in 4-6 weeks...only one way to find out!

OVER-ALL rating - i'd give it 4 stars out of 5. this is the only kit that has worked this well!

i'll keep you guys posted and try to get pics to let you see!

i woke up and washed my face with the murad wash and i felt a painful cyst on the side of my nose! also the one on my chin is starting to grow out! ahhh! i'm pretty sure they won't grow big because the murad stuff makes it halt and slowly go away. but still...it's painful! i have four pimples on my forhead that turned into white heads over night (yey!). on the top of my nose i've had two white heads there for about four weeks. they're still not gone! i think i'll switch to tetracyclin as my oral pill instead of the murad pills because i'm starting to get intestinal side effects. i've been through that before and it's not fun. so i'll take one 500mg tetracyclin before bed on a half full stomach (to reduce the risk of a stomach ache). tetracyclin has cured my cysts before so i'm hoping it'll do that again!

ok so i think i figured out what was giving me the cysts. i think it was the murad toner. so i switched my murad regimen a bit.

cleanser - murad wash

toner - none

patch night cream - avita cream (from the derm)

spot treatment - murad spot check

mask - murad mask

oral pill - tetracyclin (500 mg) at night

i'm hoping by adding the avita cream in that i won't get oily. today my nose got really oily so i think i'll skip the avita on my nose tonight. but i think i did have sucess with not doing the toner last night! i didn't wake up to new cysts!!!! yey! i still have about four on my face (right before skool GAH!!!) but i think i'll be ok...hopefully. my forhead still has pimples and my chin has about two cysts. my upper nose also has two cysts. the side of my cheeks has one zit now and three scars (at least they're not zits!!!). also besides the zits my scars are really under controll. you can't tell! ok well i'm gunna go study for the SAT. check back on my progress soon!

p.s. the avita cream made me peel soooo much today! i covered my face in moisturizer! luckily the moisturizer did the trick cool.gif

hey again! this morning is starting to be a good one! i woke up with no new zits!!! biggrin.gif also my forehead is starting to heal from the scars and zits! yey! the cysts haven't gone away yet. the one on my chin is really big! i really want to get rid of it before skool starts on tuesday. but my makeup covers it pretty well.

i did wake up with peeling skin on my chin. i put the medicine on my whole chin even though i only have two cysts there. i do that so i can prevent more zits or cysts from showing up. the cyst/zit on the side of my head is healing (finally!). i think i'll put on some scar medicine tomorrow to heal my scars for the first day of skool. ok well i'll post tomorrow then! bye bye!

see, i told you i'd post! ok well i woke up this morning and my skin looked pretty good! after i washed my face i could feel that my forhead zits were going down and the ones on the side of my head are compleatly gone! except for some red scaring... the cyst on my chin also looks like it's going down and so do my other cysts.

unfortunatly i had to stop taking tetracyclin because i'm allergic to it and it makes me sick. that sucks cuz i think it was working very well!

all in all i'm not worrying too much about looking cute for the first day of skool because i know i will! my face is school ready cool.gif

Heya! It looks like this murad thing is working for you, eh? I hope it continues to because I've heard from other people that after a while it doesn't... but don't let that stop you!

I've also tried taking tetracycline but it didn't do any good for me... just made my acne worse. I start to break out on my cheeks and I never broke out there before.

Yeah, anyway, good luck! biggrin.gif

Beware of Muard & Proactiv.. They tend to work for a few months but if you ever stop using them for a short time that could mean the end of the road for you clear face even if you started using them again.

I should know.. I used Proactiv & Muard when I was a teen & it worked great until I stoped using it after HS then trying to clear up again after collage. In otherwords don't stop using it or it will not work for you again.

Save Your Money

thank you you guys for those tips! i know how it feels to have proactive work and then magically stop working. i hope murad doesn't do that to me!!!

anyways, i'm sticking to my murad and avita cream regimen. my skin has never looked better! even my scars are dissapearing! i talked to the member Scorpio and she suggested i try duac gel from a derm to help clear my acne up to the fullest. so i asked mom to make an appointment with the derm to try duac. i can't wait! so when i apply this to my regimen it'll take the place of the avita cream. i'll keep you guys posted!