Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Furmanguy

Regimen last resort

I have had acne since I was about 16 when I was prescribed minocycline by my regular doctor. I really only had 2 to 3 pimples on my chin line and that was it but my mom though why not try and get rid of it so we did and for a year I was acne free. When I turned 17 and started my senior year of high school everything exploded all over my face and for a few months I had to try all the things like tetracycline, retin A, bp wash, differin and things like that. Well it didnt work so I went on Accutane and by the 4th month I was totally clear and remained clear for a whole year (I mean I really did not have a pimple for a year!) Well in the past three months now that I am 19 the acne has come back. It has been a slow process but it is here to stay and I was once again prescribed doxycycline with duac gel. This cleared me up the first week but since i was only able to apply the duac once a day and very sparingly the acne has come back again. I started the regimen yesterday and this is the way my face looks

-nose, between eyes and forehead all clear( thats normal though)

-right side of face totally clear

-left side I have like 4 little red spots with little whit tips that wont go away

-behind my ear and a little down on my neck has like 3 big red spots too that are tender but not cysts or anything

Day 1

Went out and bought all the products and applied them that night. Felt so extra bumps right before I went to bed!

Day 2

Woke up this morning with everything still there but I guess that is to be expected, haha, I actually had one more whitehead come up on my left cheek. I dont know why the left side is so bad while the other side is so clear and it really pisses me off! I hate rubbing the Bp into the spots where I already have pimples bc it hurts even if i do it as gently as possible. Did the regimen again using

-Neutrogena On the Spot

-Cetaphil Cleanser

-Cetaphil Moisturizer

I am just hoping I am gonna be like the success stories and clear up within the first week but I know that probably wont happen. Dan your experience was similar to mine, if you have time could you please write a reply i would really like to hear how long it took you to see results

I saw results in days. But I had been on bp for years by that point. It was just adding the extra amount that got me clear. But, give it 3 months of strict adherence. Many people take that long. Good luck.

Day 3

I went to the derm. today because I begged my parents to make an appointment and since there was a cancelation I got in. I am so fixated on my acne meantally that it is really beginning to effect my whole life. The doctor counted the acne on my face and chest and it was only 4 small pimples and although it looks bad to me he said he wouldnt even give me a 1 on a scale form 1 to 5 on bad acne. I think it is time I come to terms with the fact that I get a pimple here and there from time to time and need to deal with correctly instead of freaking out.

-2 pimples behind my ear

-a few bumps on the left side of my face

I leave for school in a week and I cant wait to go see my friends becasue they are my support group no matter if i think my face looks like a pizza or not!!!!!

p.s. I am still gonna stick to the regimen though bc it makes my face feel good!!

Day 4

So Some of the marks on the left side of my face are pretty much gone but I got 2 more pimples over there as well. The ones behind my ear are persistent and the right side of my face had nothing except a little red bump that looks like it wants to become a whitehead. I would say the count on the acne on my face is 5 and for me that is 5 to many!!!

Even though I know i am only on the 4th day I really want this to work and to see that nothing has really happened yet and that more pimples seem to be forming is really getting me down. I need to get some encouragement from somewhere and fast bc I leave for school in 6 days!!! Help me!!!

i think your one side of ur face that your saying is bad is prolly cuz u sleep on that side.. try going to sleep on your back thats what i do .. or get a clean towel and use it as a pillow case and then the next night flip it over.. then the next u need a new one.. etc..

question-I am using the Neutrogena On the Pot stuff and I was wondering if the stuff that is coming off my face is skin or the milky layer that the cream produces? Ans to add to that I know I am rubbing it in enough so that is not it.

Day 5

This morning was the worst I have felt in a long time. I just laid in bed for the longest time and wanted to cry because my face was so bad. I got 2 new pimples since I went to sleep and they were big thigs too not jsut little whitheads. Dan I am glad this regimen thing worked for you and all those other people but i am beginning to get the feeling its jsut not gonna work for me bc I have seen no improvements and it has actually gotten worse. And this is all while doing the regimen completely correctly, i have watched the videos and take the regimen into the bathroom with me. I am so hopeless!!

Day 6

Well today I felt a little better even though my face doesnt look much better. I dont have very much acne but where I do have it i pop it and so right now I am just waiting on these spots to disappear. No new pimples today.

Heres the count-

4 pimples total but they are all on there way out and I am hoping nothing more is coming up but I could be wrong

Oh yeah and also I play college tennis and it was really hot today when I practiced with my buddy cause we havent gone back to school yet and I sweat this milky stuff the whole time. I was jsut wondering if this happens with the BP gel or if it is only bc I am using th Neutrogena OTS?

Day 7

Today I woke up with no new pimples once again which was very nice but still have red marks from the old pimples I popped in the last few days. Looking at my face right now there are 3 noticeable red marks and then maybe 2 samll things that only I really see

I was also wondering if ingrown hair are pimples or just red marks on your face bc I think thats what I have for one of my marks?

It's only day 7. Deep breath. Give the regimen a full 3 months of strict adherence. It should work amazingly well, but you need a little patience at this point. Lots of people break out in week 1, 2, 3, etc. This is normal. The good news is that you're committed to doing it just right. That makes me think it will work.

Day 10

Well I am still breaking out and the On the Spot stuff really sucks as other people have said bc it leaves a white residue behind. I hate acne and really thought it would never come back after I finished accutane but I guess I was wrong.