Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Takara

Something seems fishy...

As most of you know, I bought a microderm cloth off of Ebay called the Dermal Grade. Well, I went to Fred Meyers today to buy some stuff for my car, and I saw these microfiber cloths that are used to wash your car. I picked them up and they looked and felt exactly the same as my microderm cloth! And way less expensive! mad.gif So I bought them and took them home and compared them. They look sooo similar. The only difference is the size, the car cloths are just a tad bigger.

Interesting..... !

Ah see that's the very reason I've not bought one yet from ebay.

They have micro fibre cloths at dollar stores here. I'm not sure if dermal grade is really any different. hmmm....

Thanks for this info.

Sharon

I am pretty positive they are different. I am a car detailing guy, and there are many different weaves used in various microfiber towels. Some weaves are harsher than others, some weaves can scratch the paint of the car and some glide on the car like a feather, it's all in the weaving and the construction (alot of research and construction goes into microfiber towels). I'm betting you that the ones used for your face have a different weave than the ones used for your car...I wouldn't chance it. It could harm your skin, use the one you bought from ebay.

Hey there.. been experimenting lately, which can be a good and a bad thing..

I haven't been using my cloth as much anymore, I switch off with that and the apriocot scrub before hibiclens at night to help keep my face from getting too bumpy.

My face looks awesome right now, but it didn't last week. I stopped using the lytic lotion plus, and I started getting those little tiny whiteheads. Not a ton, but enough to bug me. Well, I started using the lytic lotion again, and what do ya know? No more whiteheads!

I have used that lytic lotion for months, and even though it helped, my face was never clear til I started the hibiclens.. Now I know its a combination of the two that is keeping me clear. smile.gif

Confession::

I've been using MicroFiber cloths from the auto section at WalMart. 2 for $0.98. They work wonderfully! If you get these, make sure you get the small detailing cloths, and launder before using.