Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kyandjae

For people who are doing nothing for red marks..

My pimples have pretty much gone away... though I still get one little one everyday or every other day... not that noticable and not really a big deal.... I have considered Delna's regimen but am afraid I will break out from it...

I know red marks may be better to deal with than big cysts and things (which I used to get) but I still want them gone... I think time is the way to go... everyone's skin is different and reacts to meds and other ways of getting rid of red marks differently... nothing is for sure... if it works for you, then great... but it might not do the same for someone else... I think we all know that...

To people that have decided to just let time heal their marks, about how long did it take for them to go away??? were you left with scars after the red marks were gone???? I've heard maybe 6 to 9 months or something... but I'd like to hear from you guys...

KYANDJAE

i've had my red marks from Jan -05 and by june -05 they weren't gone but they had faded but still noticeable but just one step away from not bein not noticible and 2 months later now there kinda re-reddening. sucks big time...

Guest Freak_Turbulence

I'm similar to you in that my skin is pretty much clear now with the occasional pimple, but my red marks typically heal in a week or two. I also had cysts which took a bit longer, but obviously they were not as deep as someone whose red marks take longer to heal.

Nick

Well, I have conquered acne once before, with a combination of Minocylin and the occasional usage of Benzoyl Peroxide. I can remember in the space of a about 2 months stopping the majority of my active acne, and I think it then took 2-3 months for my face to become completely clear. I even had people comment on me, like "wow.. you look different", etc.. even though I don't think they could quite place what it was that had changed! Haha.

But anyway, after stopping my medication (stupidly) I basically got back to square one again. In fact, it was probably more like square minus 5. I broke out, and thought, "it's just a one off", and left it. But things got worse. Much worse... My acne became quite severe. It was a slow process of it's return but I eventually went to my GP again as it was too much to handle. I got prescribed the same antibiotic/topical combination again, and have been taking it again now, for about 3-4 months.

And here I am now, in the red marks forum tongue.gif My active acne is well, essentially controlled, for now. I have about 4-5 whiteheads as I write this. I can deal with that. But my skin is like the aftermath of a battle! Thankfully no major scarring, but plenty of unsightly redmarks.

I think they've faded quite a bit so far. I'm just letting time be the healer right now. It worked for me before and I'm confident these marks will fade like the last ones. It may well take a bit longer because my acne was more severe, but I'm gonna wait. I don't buy all these stories about "my red marks faded in 3 days OMG", because I just don't think it works like that. It's a process that takes time, and I think anyone who experiences improvements is merely under a psychological delusion, or their success is a result of say, time, as opposed to being a direct result of some miracle cure.

So yeah, I fully support letting time be the healer. It's hard, but it's worked for me before. Just live life, it'll pass the time faster, and in no time, those redmarks will be gone.

- skummer.

Over the summer I was using SA and it cleared up my forehead, nose etc all very good + red marks, just wasn't effective around my jawline where I shave, so now my face is clear everywhere but the jaw! (trying Duac now)

Try PureDemming Intelse Gel I am using that it helps fade red marks.

confused.gif My acne has almost cleared and I've been waiting a long time for the scars to heal, Im using 'Palmers Cocoa butter' and its helping to fade them cos they are going pink now and I have some hope they will be gone soon! eusa_dance.gif

palmers cocoa butter is AMAZING, but you have to stick with it everyday and can not give up if you dont see results fast...they will happen but you have to be freaking patient!

Hmm, well, it's only been few months that I have had these red marks so I am just being impatient... but I'm afraid to try anything new to get rid of them cause I am afraid I will break out again...

I have also found out that the sun makes the marks darker!!!! which sux... when I was younger the sun used to get rid of the pimples I had really quick... but now if I am in the sun all day, when I come inside, my marks are a lot darker!!!

Time is the way to go I think too... the Retin-A I am using is supposed to make them fade faster but I don't know about that...

Time is the way to go I think too... the Retin-A I am using is supposed to make them fade faster but I don't know about that...

I've had a breakout since May and now most of the active acne has disappeared. Throughout the summer, I was really impatient with my red marks and they didn't seem to fade away at all. But now, in the beginning of September, I've seen some improvement and am slightly happy. Red marks left after acne lasts from 6-12 months (at least it's what the sticky up there says, but I agree with that statement) and I guess my red marks ought to be all gone by the end of the year. Let's hope so! smile.gif