Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simply me

Good plastic surgeon or dermatologist in Toronto

Hi guys...

I am tired of going to skin spas and hearing that my scaring are not that bad and that I could do microdermerasion to make them look less visible.

And I went to a plastic surgeon office, payed 80 dollars for consoltation fee and ended up talking to some uneducated person trying to sell me some creams and trying to convince me that my scarings are not that bad and that microdembration will help.

I really need to know who can help me here, in Toronto. Is there any good doctor that you would recomend.

These ice pick scars are running my life so please if you know any one that could help me please let me know.

I have brown skin…is there any way I could get a laser resurfacing or dermberation without change in my skin pigmenation.. I am willing to stay home for a month to avoid the sun if that is the major cause for change in pigmentation.

Please help.

Thank you.

Hi guys...

I am tired of going to skin spas and hearing that my scaring are not that bad and that I could do microdermerasion to make them look less visible.

And I went to a plastic surgeon office, payed 80 dollars for consoltation fee and ended up talking to some uneducated person trying to sell me some creams and trying to convince me that my scarings are not that bad and that microdembration will help.

I really need to know who can help me here, in Toronto.  Is there any good doctor that you would recomend.

These ice pick scars are running my life so please if you know any one that could help me please let me know.

I have brown skin…is there any way I could get a laser resurfacing or dermberation without change in my skin pigmenation.. I am willing to stay home for a month to avoid the sun if that is the major cause for change in pigmentation.

Please help.

Thank you.

Hi,

I just posted here. I am attaching the link regarding my experience with revising my ice-pick scars:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=64153

I interviewed four plastic surgeons and liked him the best. I didn't want to try dermotologists because I rather have a trained surgeon to work on me when performing punch techniques. I would suggest you to find doctors who are experienced in working with patients with your skin type. Interview at least three. Here is the information for my surgeon:

Dr. Collin Hong

Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery

302 Sheppard Avenue West

North York

Tel: (416) 222-6986

There is no charge for initial consultation but, bring your health card. Good luck.

Hi,

I just posted here. I am attaching the link regarding my experience with revising my ice-pick scars:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=64153

I interviewed four plastic surgeons and liked him the best. I didn't want to try dermotologists because I rather have a trained surgeon to work on me when performing punch techniques. I would suggest you to find doctors who are experienced in working with patients with your skin type. Interview at least three. Here is the information for my surgeon:

Dr. Collin Hong

Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery

302 Sheppard Avenue West

North York

Tel: (416) 222-6986

There is no charge for initial consultation but, bring your health card. Good luck.

746724[/snapback]

Hi JohnC,

I live in Toronto and am looking for scar treatment as well.

Are u asian ?I know about Dr Hong and was thinking about paying him a visit.Did u cosult with Dr Jimmy Poon and Dr Joesph Wong...they both are cosmetic surgeon...?

How much is Dr Hong charging u for the list of treatements u mentioned on the other thread?Did Dr Hong recommend dermabrasion?What type of scars do u have?

Thanks

747905[/snapback]

Hi,

I am Asian. Of the four surgeons that I interviewed, Dr. Poon and Dr. Wong were on my list. I still ended liking Dr. Hong the best. I would still recommend that you visit Dr. Poon and Dr. Wong to get different views. I rather you make this decision independantly. It may take an extra month but, it is a worthwhile exercise. By the way, Dr. Hong and Dr. Wong are board certified plastic surgeons but, Dr. Poon is not. He is a cosmetic surgeon. There is a difference.

I do not generally like to post prices but, when you meet with them, you may get an idea of why I chose Dr. Hong. My decision was not based solely on price but also, he provided the most complete plan for dealing with my scars.

As for my scars:

Right side of my face - ice-picks, and boxcars

Left side of my face - mainly ice-picks.

Dr. Hong suggested that the best procedure for ice-pick scars is punch excision. It will not totally remove the scar but, will improve them. Dermabration will not get rid of ice-picks. My boxcars can be improved through the smoothbeam and subsequent TCA peel. The Erbium Yag laser will be used to smooth out any scars that are bumpy or protruding. Any depressed scars like rolling types will be treated partially by smoothbeam and punch subcision (or needling). Dr. Hong can also perform punch graphs if the scars call for it.

A lot of doctors don't perform dermabrasions anymore because of the invasive nature of the procedure, especially on Asians due to potential pigmentation problems. CO2 laser are not recommended for the same reasons. However, both these procedures are still being performed in Asia to Asians. I presume that certain Asian skin types can handle dermabrasion or CO2 laser re-surfacing. The Erbium Yag is now the ablative procedure of choice for non-white skin types. However, the results are apparently mixed. I believe some scars don't improve much with resurfacing. This is why a few different procedures are to be employed to improve acne scars since there are so many types. I just started this process therefore, I don't have much to report except for my punch excision experience. Though the results are not perfect, there was a 50%-60% improvement on the scars that were :angel: excised.

Dr. Hong was very honest with me. He told me not to expect perfection, just improvement. Also, this process will take between one to two years to complete. There is no quick fix. However, the improvements will be gradual.

Be patient and I will have to be as well. Good luck in your journey.

Hi JOhnC,

I've heard so many negative things here about lasers resulting in more scarring ........did Dr Hong warn u of the possibilties?

Hi JOhnC,

I've heard so many negative things here about lasers resulting in more scarring ........did Dr Hong warn u of the possibilties?