Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bret

Lighting is a sneaky devil

So i work in a clothing store called old navy most of you prolly heard of it...anyways like i used the whole egg vinagar baking soda method and i saw wonders in the reduction of my red marks, anyways...so as im working im working hard processing all the clothes from the fitting room, anyways as im taking bins back and forth i glance in the mirror and i was like ahhh...the bright lighting in the store plus the sparkly clean mirror plus my pores getting worked out from all the running, made my red marks look so bad, my face looked so bad...

i just had to get this off my chest just when i thought i was sexy as hell i saw myself in that mirror and i never wanna go back to work ever hehe...

It's the flourescent lighting! It does that to you. I think the same way. Like my mirrors here at home make me look great. But whenever I go out and use like a public bathroom they have flourescent lights! Just remember though that normally you aren't under flourescent lights! People really can't see all of those imperfections. They see what you see in regular mirrors. Just don't get down on yourself. Even people with flawless skin look like shit under these kind of lights. It also doesn't mean that your routine isn't working, so don't get paranoid. Your skin is okay.

So i work in a clothing store called old navy most of you prolly heard of it...anyways like i used the whole egg vinagar baking soda method and i saw wonders in the reduction of my red marks, anyways...so as im working im working hard processing all the clothes from the fitting room, anyways as im taking bins back and forth i glance in the mirror and i was like ahhh...the bright lighting in the store plus the sparkly clean mirror plus my pores getting worked out from all the running, made my red marks look so bad, my face looked so bad...

i just had to get this off my chest just when i thought i was sexy as hell i saw myself in that mirror and i never wanna go back to work ever hehe...

It's the flourescent lighting! It does that to you. I think the same way. Like my mirrors here at home make me look great. But whenever I go out and use like a public bathroom they have flourescent lights! Just remember though that normally you aren't under flourescent lights! People really can't see all of those imperfections. They see what you see in regular mirrors. Just don't get down on yourself. Even people with flawless skin look like shit under these kind of lights. It also doesn't mean that your routine isn't working, so don't get paranoid. Your skin is okay.

Guest virgo
Flourescent lights give the most similar lighting to sunlight, so flourescent lighting is what you actually look like.

I KNOW EXACTLY what you mean. I went into a fitting room and looked into the mirror and i could see every imperfection, every pimple, every scar, every mark. Just gross !!!!!.

Guest ldanielle

Flourescent lights give the most similar lighting to sunlight, so flourescent lighting is what you actually look like.

anyway...u know in like school class rooms?  are those floresant lights?

Those long bar lights are fluorescent ones

how bad to they make skin look? i mean it can't be as bad as in the bathroom can it?

yep, just when i felt like my skin was looking good, i caught sight of myself in the bathroom mirror in the library this morning and every red mark and large pore is very obvious. sigh. a pox on fluoroescent lighting.

Guest ldanielle
how bad to they make skin look?  i mean it can't be as bad as in the bathroom can it?

I hate it when I spend ages putting concealer on in the morning, then go somewhere with fluorescent lights, and the concealer looks crap as if it doesn't suit my skin colour! I never do my makeup under fluorescent lights though because I'd overdo it, like cover every bit of my face lol, and look crap. Grrr

When I put on my make up I got to the mirror near the window and the dun is comeing through, is that what i look like to other people? coz like every mirron is different and i dont know what ones what? sad.gifsad.gif

Guest ldanielle
When I put on my make up I got to the mirror near the window and the dun is comeing through, is that what i look like to other people? coz like every mirron is different and i dont know what ones what? sad.gifsad.gif

so which lights should you be under to see exactly what other people see? That way I can go by a bulb and test it out...-=)

Guest ldanielle

Ummm, I think just being in daylight you'd see what other people see really. I think fluroscent lighting makes ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE look bad really.

I'm working seasonally in a Wal-Mart at the moment, and of course they have those huge fluorescent lights beaming down. It's truth lighting, let's be honest.

Any redness is exacerbated by such lighting. It's unpleasant, but in a way allows you to build up confidence. When you see yourself in better lighting, you'll be pleasantly suprised. And when you improve in the fluorescent lighting you think: "wow, I must of improved." smile.gif

There's one mirror which happesn to be in the toilets that always makes me look ugly. It's kind of a truth mirror, and I hate looking at it. But as days have passed, the truth mirror image isn't quite so bad anymore...

I'm looking forward to the day where I can look in that mirror and 100% happy about my appearance. I'm getting there, I'm hoping another month, maybe 2, and I'll be free of the redmarks. I'll probably get a coupla spots now and then - but I don't care.

But yes - lighting is a sneaky devil. I'm gonna go look in some good mirrors for a bit. eusa_wall.gif

Guest ldanielle

You're probably right about that sort of lighting they have in supermarkets being 'truth lighting', I've just been thinking of this one particular shop where I live where it just seems to be... a really harsh sort of fluorescent lighting worse than the normal, and I know many people that I know go in there (that don't have any sort of acne) and they say when they see themselves in the mirrors they always feel like they need to put a ton of foundation on. But if they do and go anywhere else with it on, they just look stupidly orange. It's just these horrible lights in this one shop. lol.