Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
davâ„®

Eureka! OMG! why didn't you say so!

Quite simply, we've gotta let the BP absorb by itself, with only the most gentle of rubbing...

...but what Dan has never mentioned or acknowledged ( eusa_shifty.gif ) is that when rubbing it in, the BP will go through a tacky phase or drying phase...

...when the BP approaches this tacking down phase we must leave it alone, and just let it sink in itself, because rubbing it whilst it is tacky causes clumping up...

so simple... so effective. The mystery revealed.

I have experienced this on occasion. Although I also have a problem with my dead skin balling up and coming off as well. I think The problem is more related to dead skin cells than the BP not being absorbed. I use the Cetaphil cleanser, which seems like it leaves a film over my face (and doen't remove much dead skin at all). This film disappears when my skin dries. When I apply the BP gel I use a thick finger's worth, and then a little more at night. When I use a lot more than I normally do and rub after my face feels sticky I get what seems like a whitish film in spots. I don't know if this is what you guys are talking about.

I'm actually a formulation chemist and make products like BP gel. BP gel's structure is based on carbomer (carbopol 934, I think). When this dries down it goes through a characteristic "tacky" phase. I stop rubbing when I feel a little drag or tackiness on my face. By this time most of the BP has been absorbed. I find that I have to rub harder than I normally would once the gel gets tacky, and I rub off a layer of dead skin that balls up and forms a whitish film in some areas.

If I stop rubbing the BP gel in once it becomes tacky (about 2 min) I don't have a problem with this. I just let it dry and moisturize. I use Eucerin Skin Renewal for the morning, and Olay Sensitive Skin (with no SPF) at night. I haven't had the balling/film problem in a while....or any pimples for that matter....

Quite simply, you've gotta let the BP absorb by itself, with only the most gently of rubbing...

...but what Dan has never mentioned or acknowledged ( eusa_shifty.gif ) is that when rubbing it in, the BP will go through a tacky phase or drying phase...

...when the BP approaches this tacking down phase we must leave it alone, and just let it sink in itself, because rubbing it whilst it is tacky cause's clumping up...

so simple... so effective. The mystery revealed.

Sweet, thanks, ever since i got the BP gel and started using it instead of OTS Ive been flaking. I've been rubbing the BP until its COMPLETEY dry, gently though; and still flaked. I will try this for sure tonight. Should it help flakiness?

I've always been stopping when it got to the tacky feeling point, but I see what you mean as to why you kept going. To me once it got tacky and wasn't wet feeling, it was completely rubbed in because it dries the rest of the way from there.

and ur face doesnt burn like crap when u stop trying to rub it into ur skin , good call on the absorption theory(thats what ill call it) but im just hoping the BP is still fully absorbing

This could have something to do with "balling up" too, or maybe thats what your getting at, but I mean maybe people rub their moisturizer in to long also.

This could have something to do with moisturizer and bp "balling up" too, or maybe thats what your getting at, but I mean maybe people rub their moisturizer in to long also.

I say, "Then spread the BP around VERY GENTLY with your fingers. Don't rub too hard. Applying BP this way requires patience, but the BP will eventually absorb into your skin. Go slowly. You want to touch your face so lightly that you can hardly see the skin move underneath."

Perhaps I should add, "Let the bp absorb by itself. This will happen and does not require rubbing."

Or sumpin' like that? How should I change this paragraph do you think?

If any of you guys ^^^ have tried this did you notice any difference?

I tried it last night and it was perfect, but when I did it this morning, for one reason or another it balled up real bad...

I think maybe it will take a little pratice to learn exactly when to stop rubbing and just let the BP sink in, what do you ^ guys think?

Yeah I think you definately add a little extra sentence or something Dan, but only if it is correct and you agree with it...I mean because I personally hope this works, but I don't 'know' for sure that it is the correct way of applying BP...

If you 'know' that this,

"Let the bp absorb by itself. This will happen and does not require rubbing."

lol, oh come on! it's pretty much common sense isnt it!!? if u rub it until it starts coming off guess what its not absorbing shock.gif

just seems like, if its balling and coming off on your fingers, of course uv rubbed it in too much, just seems obvious to me, but never mind!

just seems like, if its balling and coming off on your fingers, of course uv rubbed it in too much, just seems obvious to me, but never mind!

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

The only time I've ever had balling up with the BP gel is when I kept rubbing after it had started to sry and I felt the slight drag.

Guest TylerD

Does bp work alot better if you just apply it on to the skin and let it absorb its self. Instead of using your fingers?? Ive always wondered this. That way you would get all the bp soke into the skin. Has anyone tried just blotting some bp on the skin and letting it absorb or no?

So, how do we know when to stop gliding over the skin?

I mean, by the time it starts to go tacky it is too late...

Is it best to glide it around, get a nice smooth covering, and just let the BP sink in itself?

Because if you just stop rubbing when you notice it gettin tacky, isn't it too late by then?

So, how do we know when to stop gliding over the skin?

I mean, by the time it starts to go tacky it is too late...

Is it best to glide it around, get a nice smooth covering, and just let the BP sink in itself?

Because if you just stop rubbing when you notice it gettin tacky, isn't it too late by then?

I can get “perfect absorption�, what ever the hell that is, usually depending on the amount of the BP I use.

I think this absorption being spoken of can be related to the amount people are using, because Dan’s regimen recommends ramping up the amount to quite a bit of BP. However much ramping up one can do, faces have a threshold so to speak. If you put too much shit, on your face, I think its common sense that all of it will not absorb. Sorry about my french. Personally, I’ve used 2 or 3 different brands of BP so far, and if I remember correctly their indications suggest using small amounts. Some suggest ramping up but maybe not to the amounts like Dan’s regimen, imo. Ramping up is a good idea, but so is finding the amount your face can handle. I think everyone gets to a certain point where their face has a hard time absorbing bigger amounts of BP all at once, hence the dry residue that just sits there. (I’m hoping that residue is what people mean by “balling up�/�film�)

It’s one of my theories, people can test out and prove me wrong.

(I personally can’t handle bigger amounts of BP more because of the dryness, than because of the residue.)

Another one of my theories is different brands of BP absorb better than others, but I’m not gonna go into that.

Furthermore, it’s kinda of difficult to get a sense of what is the “perfect regimen� when people might be doing different stuff in different ways and maybe all faces were not created equal.

I’m probably not the first to think of this and I hope I don’t sound like a fool, my 2c anyway.

I can get “perfect absorption�, what ever the hell that is, usually depending on the amount of the BP I use.

I think this absorption being spoken of can be related to the amount people are using, because Dan’s regimen recommends ramping up the amount to quite a bit of BP. However much ramping up one can do, faces have a threshold so to speak. If you put too much shit, on your face, I think its common sense that all of it will not absorb. Sorry about my french. Personally, I’ve used 2 or 3 different brands of BP so far, and if I remember correctly their indications suggest using small amounts. Some suggest ramping up but maybe not to the amounts like Dan’s regimen, imo. Ramping up is a good idea, but so is finding the amount your face can handle. I think everyone gets to a certain point where their face has a hard time absorbing bigger amounts of BP all at once, hence the dry residue that just sits there. (I’m hoping that residue is what people mean by “balling up�/�film�)

It’s one of my theories, people can test out and prove me wrong.

(I personally can’t handle bigger amounts of BP more because of the dryness, than because of the residue.)

Another one of my theories is different brands of BP absorb better than others, but I’m not gonna go into that.

Furthermore, it’s kinda of difficult to get a sense of what is the “perfect regimen� when people might be doing different stuff in different ways and maybe all faces were not created equal.

I’m probably not the first to think of this and I hope I don’t sound like a fool, my 2c anyway.

But surely even his face must have a threshold. I he were to put a pound/kilogram of BP on his face in one go, all of it will surely not absorb. Probably not enough skin to absorb a that much BP.

I think everyone can get “perfect absorption� depending on the amount they use or how much their face can handle in one go. And ramping up could help. That’s the point I’m trying to make, it could be related to the issues about residue, imo anyway.