Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi !!

i had my dermabrasion one year ago but my face still has slight redness and hyperpigmentation and my skin type is asean skin type.so i hope someone can answer me will the redness and hyperpigmentation fade away......

thanks

Hi desperate_gy,

Sorry to hear that you still have the redness. Would you mind telling us your skin color (easy to tan or not) and describe your healing process? Is your skin lighter than before? Who performed your dermabrasion? How extensive is your hyperpigmentation?

I had my dermabrasion by Dr. Yarborough 6 months post op. My redness fades very slowly (still very visible like a sunburn) and my skin is much lighter than before.

Around month 3, I still had some brown streaks on my cheek and forehead. As instructed by the doctor (after he saw my pictures), I used Tri-Luma (a bleaching cream with Retinol and a weak steriod / cortisone added) on the hyperpigmented area for a few weeks. Because my skin was still very sensitive, the retinol irriated it so I stopped using it. In time, the browness faded a lot, although you can still see it if you look close enough under some lighting.

Why don't you talk to your dermatologist and ask him if bleaching cream is suitable for your hyperpigmentation?

Thanks, and good luck.

Sword

Hi desperate_gy,

Sorry to hear that you still have the redness.  Would you mind telling us your skin color (easy to tan or not) and describe your healing process?  Is your skin lighter than before?  Who performed your dermabrasion?  How extensive is your hyperpigmentation?

I had my dermabrasion by Dr. Yarborough 6 months post op.  My redness fades very slowly (still very visible like a sunburn) and my skin is much lighter than before. 

Around month 3, I still had some brown streaks on my cheek and forehead.  As instructed by the doctor (after he saw my pictures),  I used Tri-Luma (a bleaching cream with Retinol and a weak steriod / cortisone added) on the hyperpigmented area for a few weeks.  Because my skin was still very sensitive, the retinol irriated it so I stopped using it.  In time, the browness faded a lot, although you can still see it if you look close enough under some lighting.

Why don't you talk to your dermatologist and ask him if bleaching cream is suitable for your hyperpigmentation?

Thanks, and good luck.

Sword

i have some pimples break out and now it has been healed but left with a lot inflamatory spot and i am affraid of it developed to be scar....can you suggest me with anything for this not to happen...thanks