Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chococat123

Make-Up Remover

I was wondering what all of you guys use that's a great make-up remover, that is non-drying and inexpensive!! I use MAC StudioFix. And I'm looking for a remover to remove all my of it.

Thanks!

well, at the moment I'm using Huggies Baby Wipes to take off all makeup. I cleanse after that. They may be a little harsh though (one side is rougher than the other) but they completely remove all makeup and they're super cheap. I also use the store brand wipes for makeup removal. They tend to be much softer if they are actually meant to remove makeup.

I actually have the same problem too!!

My derm said me to not use wipes, as they are to harsh and use the cleanser that she gave me, but it's too drying to use twice (once doesn't remove all my make up).

What do u suggest?

I wonder why your derm said not to use the wipes. I think they are much less irritating than washing twice. Just find some nice soft ones. There are so many brands making them these days and they remove more makeup than a cleanser so your skin will be cleaner. Another thing that's good is to use witch hazel (I use Dickenson's) after washing to make sure you've gotten all the days gunk and makeup off. It's non-drying I works well (although it smells terrible).

Clinique Take the Day Off is great because it doesn't contain soap or leave a residue like some removers and its very gentle, I can get it in my eye with no worries. Its about $14 but well worth the price, I swear by it. Another thing about wipes...I used to use the Dove and Olay ones for sensitive skin and they both broke me out bad. I think there is something in wipes that isn't good for acne prone skin.

I strongly dislike Clinique products. And their yellow moisturizer....the one that's part of the three step system.....it's like acne in a jar.

Has anyone tried petroleum jelly or vaseline to remove their eye make up? I know it sounds weird, but not only is it a cheap trick, but it softens your eyelids as well.

Has anyone tried petroleum jelly or vaseline to remove their eye make up?  I know it sounds weird, but not only is it a cheap trick, but it softens your eyelids as well.

jojoba oil!

Just massage a good amount into skin and watch the makeup melt off your face! No need to wash with any cleasners afterward just take a warm damp washcloth and wipe off, if lots of makeup do twice. Trust me this is the best way to clean your face and moisturize without clogging your pores (jojoba oil does NOT clog pores or cause acne).

What I use: Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel - very gentle and takes all of my make up off.

I hear great reviews about cleansing oils in removing make up - DHC and Shu Uemura (sp?) are great brands. I know the idea of putting oil on your face sounds a bit scary esp in these forums, but so many have raved about these oils to remove make up and cleanse.

I used to use DHC but it seemed to irritate my acne on my cheeks (this was pre-birth control so I will have to try it again later on to see if I can use this product again)

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I use witch hazel. It's pretty good at make-up removal but I have to admit it does smell. The smell fades pretty fast. Witch hazel is also supposed to be good for irritation or something like that.

I also use Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel for removing my foundation.

I've also made my own remover for removing the super long lasting lipsticks and my eye makeup. Here are the some of the ingredients: jojoba oil, hazelnut oil, calendula infused almond oil, kukui nut oil, vitamin E, lavender essential oil, and tea tree oil. eusa_dance.gif

I don't know specificially about MAC studio fix, but, I used Revlon Colorstay for a while and I had trouble removing it. I finally found Burt's Bees Tomato Soap. I use eye make up remover of any kind for mascara. Best Wishes~ eusa_angel.gif