Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My dad is a pretty big jerk to me, and is very biased towards me and my brother. He constantly calls me an idiot, failure,and plenty more to me pretty much everyday, and he does not realize how it effects me. 80% of the time hes playing around, but the fact that he says it still hurts me, and no matter how many times I tell him, he just does not understand.

He NEVER treats my brother like this, their personalities are very similar, but when its me and him. He always on my case, and I can't do anything about it.

And when he gets drunk...well, it gets worse.

Guest Marino

The way i deal with it is think back to when i'm dealing with kids half my age.

Everytime my little cousins or sister piss me off i always call them stupid and whateva.

Its an age thing, we feel superior to people we are older and its true, the older you get the more wise you are and the more you notice the stupididty of younger people.

You dads alot older than you, hes had a lot more experiance and he just trying to put you in place.

As for the joking, just laugh it off and remember its in zest. Evan joke back if it makes you feel better.

Its what i do.

But then again, you mentioned an alchohol problem at the bottom.

Thats pretty serious man, i think you should speak to your family about dealing with it.

I think he needs to realise what hes' doing.

you have to have a man-to-man conversation between you and your dad. tell him that it bothers you and so on. im sure as a dad he will understand.

hope u well

ahhh man my dad is kinda similar. He is always pushing me to do things. Whereas im an individual and like to be thought off as a person who makes their own opinion and doesn't follow.

Too be honest the way i have resolved things is by answering back. Stamping my foot down and making my old man see the bigger picture.

Stay strong and if your Dad says these things maybe try answering back with smart comments or the best way you feel you can, to deal with any possible consequences.

J.

^

What she said. And if it doesn't help, exclude him from your life as soon as you can, when you're ready for it.

My dad is a pretty big jerk to me, and is very biased towards me and my brother. He constantly calls me an idiot, failure,and plenty more to me pretty much everyday, and he does not realize how it effects me. 80% of the time hes playing around, but the fact that he says it still hurts me, and no matter how many times I tell him, he just does not understand.

He NEVER treats my brother like this, their personalities are very similar, but when its me and him. He always on my case, and I can't do anything about it.

My family gets like that sometimes, same situation. I know most of the time they're kidding but it just gets to me sometimes. What happened to family support?