Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rendall

How do I deal with "nodes"?

Okay, well basically, in ADDITION to my acne, I've concluded all these hard bumps and whatnot under my chin and jawline area are not actually zits, but lymph nodes.

They are hard, marble like, and sometimes they are filled with pus and blood. They are pretty unsightly if I raise my head and study them in the mirror.

Anyways, I just got a few of them on my forehead, too! They are not hidden by my hair but they are near the hairline. They are hard bumps without a head (at least not initially).

First of all, what are these? How do they differ from regular pimples? And also, how do I prevent them and how do I deal with them most effectively?

Thanks.

I doubt it is your lymph nodes as these are part of your lymphatic system, are deeper within your skin, and are generally only swollen when you've got an infection. The most common ones are in the neck, armpit and groin area. Perhaps you mean nodules or cysts-- that's what it sounds like from your description. I often have my derm inject these. i would talk to your doctor about them.

Best of luck to you!

Goldie