Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guy20uk

ACCUTANE - Does every1 get inital breakout

Does everyone get inital breakout from tane, im scared cos ive jsut gone through a breakout with differin cream.

Also, someone just said you cant smoke tobacco whilst on tane

is this true?

I know what you mean about being afraid of an initial breakout on 'tane. I had a monster one when I started Retin-A Micro, but I was on it for over a year and right up to the day I started taking Claravis (generic 'tane).

I've only been on it for three days so far, but haven't seen any breakout yet. I guess it's different for everyone and you just have to cross your fingers and bear w/it.

Smoking is probably not recommended because of the stress it puts on your liver. Adding to the stress that the 'tane will put on it already probably won't help things! You should quit anyway, that stuff is HORRIBLE for ya! wink.gif

I did not have an initial breakout either time I started Accutane, however I'm noticing this time that my acne is "different." Not worse than before I started.

I have been on septra, tazorac, and clindamycin for two months now. i just saw my derm today. she's keeping me on taz and replacing everything else with 40mg of accutane (1x daily). i think i experienced an initial breakout the first month on tazorac and the other meds...so hopefully i won't again on 'tane.

Started off 20mg for first month, then 40, then 60 this past month, just had appointment to obtain prescription for month 4, and decided to stay at 60 mg because my eyes are really dry and I'd rather be able to wear contacts just a little bit than not at all. Anyway, I never had an initial breakout with the above scheme.