Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xX oBsEsSeD Xx

MINOCYCLINE / ERYTHROMYCIN

I have taken two other antibiotic pills and they didn't really work. I have also used like every cream possible. Now i'm on Minocycline 100 mgs a day and Erythromycin 2% topical solution 60mL. Has anyone used these and had any luck? I have been using them for about a month and I don't see any changes. In a couple weeks I'm going back to the derm. I guess I should plead my case and ask for Accutane. I'm so in despair. I can't say my acne is really really horrific, but it's just there and it never goes away no matter what. I've been scarred emotionally and I just wanna get rid of this. I read so many different solution to acne, but how do i know which one is the right one? I don't know what to do. Any advice?

For lots of people, mino doesn't work but you can be the exception. Just go with it and go on accutane as a LAST RESORT. Mino will work for a little while but then slowly return once you're off it. Atleast that's what happened to me. I never tried Erythromycin.

These are the same medications my doctor prescribed me. The antibiotics somewhat worked, but the erythromycin, didnt do anything for the acne. I went back to my doctor, for another check up, and thats when she prescribed me benzaclin. This gel is great but it does dry up the skin, and it leaves me with this temporary darkening of the areas where i apply it. Also its kinda expensive ,but its worth it.

try your mino for 2 months to see it's results...no one can say if it is gonna work as everyone is different....it's a trial n error type of experiment for consuming antibiotics.

however i m quite skeptical abt the erythromycin lotion....reports show tat erythromycin dun work very well alone in topical form....try benzamycin.it works for me though it's a bit drying but u can juz apply moisturiser to overcome tat. dun try retinoid family topical if your acne is not serious....personally i see no point to go thru that initial outbreak period from using tat topical product if we do not have serious acne.