Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

New High Tech Acne Gadget Kills Acne in one Day!!!

Has anyone heard of Zeno? it is a new gadget which uses heat to kill acne bumps and can reduce the size of them/eliminate them in a day.,....

i found this article on netscape, the problem is it cost 230 dollars...hell im so desperate im willing to try it!!!!!! this may be the biggest acne breakthrough since accutane!

heres what the article says:

"NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Zits... pimples... whiteheads... if one of these has marred a date, interview or photograph, you may want to read on.

An at-home acne treatment device that uses heat to zap zits has hit the market, and more than 10,000 devices have been sold to dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons and other doctors, the Houston Chronicle said Friday.

Since it won approval from the Food and Drug Administration for over-the-counter sales June 1, the manufacturer of the Zeno, Tyrell, Inc., expects to ship nearly 100,000 devices by the end of the year, the report said.

Zeno looks like a sleek, silver cell phone and sells for $225, with a $35 tip that needs replacing after 90 treatments, according to the newspaper. But analysts tell the newspaper that it's too early to tell whether the pricey machine will obtain "cult" status as the company predicts.

"I don't want to overblow it," Dr. Suzanne Bruce, a Houston dermatologist who conducted a clinical trial of Zeno, told the Chronicle. "It is not the miracle cure for acne. But it is useful for people who get those large red ones that come up every now and then, or for women who get them with their monthly cycles."

Bruce said she has already sold all 36 of the devices in her initial shipment and is close to selling out another.

Heat seeking blemish soother

Zeno uses a patented technology called ClearPoint to deliver controlled, low-level doses of heat to a pimple, killing the bacteria that causes it, the report said.

Creator Robert Conrad, who battled mild acne for years and wanted to invent a product for people like him, told the newspaper that clinical trials of Zeno conducted last year showed that 90 percent of pimples disappeared or faded within 24 hours of use.

"I got sick of all the creams and lotions out there and waking up with a dirty pillow and even bigger pimples," Conrad, Tyrell's chief operating officer, told the Chronicle. "It's exciting for me to see my baby getting out there."

The report cited American Academy of Dermatology statistics saying that nearly everyone has at least occasional outbreaks of acne between the ages of 12 and 17, and that by the midteens, an estimated 40 percent of people have acne severe enough to require medical treatment.

Moreover, the academy said that patients spend more than $100 million a year on non-prescription treatments alone.

Women, whose hormones fluctuate with monthly cycles and the build-up to menopause, often are pimple-prone as well, the ADA was cited as saying.

Tyrell is developing at least two other products using its platform ClearPoint technology, the report said, including one device that treats cold sores and another that takes care of fingernail fungus. "

zeno's website = http://www.myzeno.com/index2.htm?sckw=zeno...90obtwz-dofw24h

I'm no expert, mind you, but it seems to me anything that heats up hot enough to kill your pimple will fry your face.

well guys i went ahead and ordered it...i guess ill be a guinea pig for yet another acne product....im currently using the topical vitamin a treatment and will continue to do so, since it helps with scars and oil (unfortunately it hasnt done much for my acne yet)

wish me luck...there goes 250 dollars!!

Exactly. The reversal would also be true. If it doesn't heat up hot enough to fry your face, it probably won't do diddly to your pimple. That's just my opinion though. I hope it works!

Sharon

dammit, i canceled my order after i read this......i got excited for nothing.

"Zeno is a medical heat dose treatment device for the treatment of acne pimples in people with mild to moderate inflammatory acne. Zeno will not work when used on blemishes such as blackheads or whiteheads. Zeno should not be used by persons with nodular or cystic acne."

seems like its only for people with mild acne....why the fuck is everything only for people with mild acne?? what about the rest of us gotdammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! evil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gif

that is really funny cause i read about this last week after having a convo with someone about it. the person said he tried it once and he thought it worked but wasn't sure.

To topic author:

Edit your first post to

NEVERMIND ZENO WOULD NOT HAVE WORKED FOR ME

or whatever, just edit your first post so it won't waist people's time.

dammit, i canceled my order after i read this......i got excited for nothing.

"Zeno is a medical heat dose treatment device for the treatment of acne pimples in people with mild to moderate inflammatory acne. Zeno will not work when used on blemishes such as blackheads or whiteheads. Zeno should not be used by persons with nodular or cystic acne."

seems like its only for people with mild acne....why the fuck is everything only for people with mild acne?? what about the rest of us gotdammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  evil.gif  evil.gif  evil.gif  evil.gif  evil.gif

Guest TylerD

I would try this thing if it wasnt 250 dollars grrr.

i have one with purple light !! it kills bacteria pretty good, my mom bought it for me at a beauty shop so i wouldnt know where to order it online, but it really works though

The heat from this new product kills the p.acne bacteria... doesnt it? (well supposed to anyway)... and i have read that people that have showered with REALLY HOT water (not to kill ya skin, but just enough) on their faces... maybe their right? maybe i should shower with really hot water .... hmmm eusa_think.gif

biggrin.gif

The heat from this new product kills the p.acne bacteria... doesnt it? (well supposed to anyway)... and i have read that people that have showered with REALLY HOT water (not to kill ya skin, but just enough) on their faces... maybe their right? maybe i should shower with really hot water .... hmmm  eusa_think.gif

biggrin.gif

yeh i might try it... and i wonder if using a hair dryer (make the air heaps hot) would do the same az the Zeno thing... lol

Guest TylerD

Yes I would deffinitely not pay 250 dollars till I have good proof that this thing works.

Guest TylerD

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Then againt I dont expect anyone too haha. At 250 dollars no one wants to risk that if the product doesnt work confused.gif !