Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shadeazure

cleaning up pink/brown spots where pimples used to be

What can I do to eliminate those weird brownish colored spots where pimples used to be? They do seem to go away on their own over a long period of time, but the speed isn't constant. In fact, some of the color blotches have lasted a very long time. Exactly what are they anyway? Scars? I know the remains of cuts, scratches, and even bleeding rashes I get all seem to disappear much faster than the color from pimples.

Hey there,

If you head over to the scar forum they have threads detailing the tape method and the vinegar method which many people are having success with. Alternatively do a search on these methods by clicking search up the top. A product I used in the past for red marks was Neutrogena Multivitamin facial treatment, it really helped with my red marks. There are threads about this product about aswell if you search around.

I have many red marks still however I have some active acne that I need to get rid of before clearing my red marks. I know what you mean though, they're very annoying and persistent, try the methods mentioned on these forums and you should have significant improvement.

bernie

I don't see it mentioned much here, but what has worked the best by far for my hyperpigmentation is 4% hydroquinone. It's prescription and the 2% you can buy retail didn't do much for me.

Also, products with kojic acid and vitamin k are supposed to help.

And, presription stuff like retin-a, azelex, differin...

Hey Shadeazure, you should try washing your face with "Nuetrogena Pore refining cleanser". I found that by using it it helps take away dead skin that may build up during the day, especially in the winter, and it help get rid of the red marks quicker. It's like using a facial scrub cleanser but this can be used everyday. Though be care how hard you scrub if you have active pimples. Gently wash your face with your hands when using the cleanser. I use it now and i find it to be getting rid of red marks. Try this if you want.

That pore refining cleanser is the one with those microbead thingies, right? Is there any chance that will cause irritation and itchiness? I happen to have eczema so I'm rather prone to rashes too.

I bought the Neutragena Pore Refining Cleansor, and even for my tough skin, it dried me out immensely. Try to toner instead, especially if you already have eczema.

Jen