Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

probly not since it kills mostly all bacteria you gonna kill bacteria thats good for the skin aswell so maybe washing once every 2 days is a better idea.

From what I've read it's safe as long as you keep it out of your eyes, mucous membranes and middle ear smile.gif

I've been using it about a month now and haven't had a problem.

Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you're concerned.

Sharon

Yes, its safe. Dermatologists recommend it (go ahead and google it). There are other face product with clorhexidine. And, there are no "good" bacteria on the face. That's the GI tract, which is why tetracycline and other oral antibiotics are harmful. This is just a topical antimicrobial and as long as you don't ingest it or get it i your eyes, its fine.

Yes, its safe.  Dermatologists recommend it (go ahead and google it).  There are other face product with clorhexidine.  And, there are no "good" bacteria on the face.  That's the GI tract, which is why tetracycline and other oral antibiotics are harmful.  This is just a topical antimicrobial and as long as you don't ingest it or get it i your eyes, its fine.

That's not totally correct.

There are many beneficial bacteria on the skin which prevents the colonization of harmful ones. I think hibiclens is great to keep the acne causing bacteria in check but once it's under control, it may be a good idea to re-establish the "normal flora".

That's not totally correct.

There are many beneficial bacteria on the skin which prevents the colonization of harmful ones. I think hibiclens is great to keep the acne causing bacteria in check but once it's under control, it may be a good idea to re-establish the "normal flora".

That's why I'm using it. wink.gif

There really is a lot of studies on it and it seems a pretty safe cleanser if used as directed. Bacterial resistance is rare so that encouraging.

I just had to correct the statement that there's no good skin bacteria. As long as you're healthy and have a good acid mantle to fight off the bad ones, the good ones on your skin is beneficial. When they go out of whack, like with acne, then it makes sense to use hibiclens IMO. Hopefully once things get in check, we can maintain it without hibiclens. At least that's what I'm hoping eusa_pray.gif