Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thenew

SWEATING HELP!!

I used the search tooland found contradictory answers to the question "Does sweating effect acne?" ppl said that they have found that their Acne gets alot worse when they sweat alot then others said that it realives toxins from your body which only help, I shower right after working out,and try to keep my running and cardio at the end of the work out so the sweating part is close to when i shower. Are theyre any good exercoses where a person wont sweat that much? Does sweating effect acne?

If it doesn't help it, it wont hurt it, as long as you take a shower once you get done exercising for the day. It relieves toxins and also serves as a natural salt water mask, and opens pores, and makes you drink more water, which removes more toxins. I think its a win win, but, hey, this is just my opinion. I have bball everyday and im doing fine. Listen to everybody else though too, because like i said, this is only my opinion

I'm mostly basing this from experience.

Sweating helps get rid of toxins in your body. But if there are toxins in you already that causes acne, then they will rise to the surface and cause you to break out. If you hadn't sweated there's a chance your body would have naturally gotten rid of these toxins before they had a chance to surface. So sweating aggravates acne, but it does not cause it. Sweating is healthy and a benefial thing because it trys to clean your skin. Although disturbing, breaking out is a way for the body to clean itself and get rid of toxins.

Now as a football and track player, I noticed that sweating caused me to break out more than usual back when I had acne. But now that I've cleaned my system and changed my diet, sweating does nothing but good for me.

Well. im on day 100 on Dan's regimen. I have seen some improvement. However now im getting cysts on my forehead. Still getting small pimples on cheeks and nose. Im guessing im not seeing major improvement is to due to Sweating and a small part due to the sun.

I move furniture for a living. I'm always sweating. I just let it drip and air dry.

I can't wipe my face 40+ times a day to dry it. That for sure would cause more acne.

Im 27 and it pisses the shit out of me that i still have to deal with ACNE.

It actually feels better when i do sweat. For instance. On a Sunday i dont sweat at all. However around 3 or 4 in the afternoon my face is covered in Sebum. It looks and feels real greasy.

The only reason im still doing the regimen is cause im also on a diet. I;ll probably give it another 2 months.

If it doesnt work by then, i will go to the dermatolgist and twist his arm to get me on Accutane.

i tend to sweat pretty profusely in the summer no matter what i do, so i can't really recommend an exercise that is less sweaty. however, i believe that i am in agreement with others in saying that, in and of itself, sweating will not cause acne or make it worse. a couple notes from my own experience: 1) i make sure my face is clean before i work out (i wash off any makeup and then moisturize- or else my face gets way too dry from the extra washing); 2) i don't touch my face when i am sweating so that i don't get any dirt/oil/bacteria from my hands on my face (so, yes, i just let the sweat kinda drip- gross, i know); and 3) i do shower almost immediately after my run. hope that helps somewhat.

I usually just let the sweat drip too, especially because there is so much bacteria on the equipment at the gym that I just don't want to touch my face. I don't wipe with a towel either because I don't want to irritate my skin, but I guess if you had to wipe you could gently blot from time to time. I'm always careful about washing my hands a lot and trying not to touch my face when working out. Afterwards I shower right away and gently wash my face and do my evening regimen at that time since I usually work out in the evening and don't do much but sit around and watch tv after that.

I used the search tooland found contradictory answers to the question "Does sweating effect acne?" ppl said that they have found that their Acne gets alot worse when they sweat alot then others said that it realives toxins from your body which only help,  I shower right after working out,and try to keep my running and cardio at the end of the work out so the sweating part is close to when i shower. Are theyre any good exercoses where a person wont sweat that much? Does sweating effect acne?