Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lostwitness

Clear Skin CLEANSER & MOISTURIZER Petition.

Should Dan release a high quality Cleanser & Moisturizer to go with the regimen?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dan release a high quality Cleanser & Moisturizer to go with the regimen?

• Yes
    • No

I have no plans of releasing the other products because I don't want to sacrifice credibility. I don't want people thinking I made the regimen just so I can sell products. I would do it, but only if it became something that a lot of people wanted.

Guest Tempest

Although I voted yes, I'm not sure...one of the beauties of the Regimen is that you can sort of customise it to suit your needs by what cleanser and moisturiser you get.

i don't know, adding a moisturizer and cleanser seems incredibly difficult. here's why:

- just from these boards, it's obvious that what works for one person doesn't at all work for another, and i think that the point is that the bp works, not the cleanser or moisturizer or whatever.

- i think dan should keep the quality bp his main focus because it is easier for someone, with time, to personalize into whatever maintenance regimen their skin needs.

- oftentimes with "3-piece sets," one thing works, but another thing doesn't and it just becomes more confusing and frustrating for the acne sufferer. this way, with bp as the crucial ingredient, it's obvious what works.

- the fact that dan recommends a range of products serves two purposes, in my mind: 1) it makes him sound completely sincere in his belief in the regimen, and that is REALLY important and is the first thing that kept me coming to this site, the feeling that this wasn't just bullshittaake. 2) it means that dan is taking into account the different needs of people's skin. some people need extremely mild cleansers, like cetaphil, others need a more "clean" feeling, like purpose.

BUT, if dan has enough money and time to create a line of cleansers and moisturizers, i think that would work.

i don't know, adding a moisturizer and cleanser seems incredibly difficult. here's why:

- just from these boards, it's obvious that what works for one person doesn't at all work for another, and i think that the point is that the bp works, not the cleanser or moisturizer or whatever.

- i think dan should keep the quality bp his main focus because it is easier for someone, with time, to personalize into whatever maintenance regimen their skin needs.

- oftentimes with "3-piece sets," one thing works, but another thing doesn't and it just becomes more confusing and frustrating for the acne sufferer. this way, with bp as the crucial ingredient, it's obvious what works.

- the fact that dan recommends a range of products serves two purposes, in my mind: 1) it makes him sound completely sincere in his belief in the regimen, and that is REALLY important and is the first thing that kept me coming to this site, the feeling that this wasn't just bullshittaake. 2) it means that dan is taking into account the different needs of people's skin. some people need extremely mild cleansers, like cetaphil, others need a more "clean" feeling, like purpose.

BUT, if dan has enough money and time to create a line of cleansers and moisturizers, i think that would work.

I would like to see that too.... like a system u can buy at walmart, rite aid , walgreens , eckerds.. etc

and then he can put these little packets inside about his website......

i think it would be convienient to buy dans BP and cleanser +moisture at a store

I think a moisturiser should be made.

A cleanser is not necessary... there are many already out there which do the job, ie, non-comedogenic and gentle.

However, there is room for the perfect moisturiser.

Eucerin is close, but look at people's feedback to it... it is too greasy and shinny looking.

If Dan could make a non-comedogenic moisturiser, with AHA and spf that isnt greasy looking and is economical...

...I know of zero moisturisers already out there which meet those criteria...

So surely there is a need for it?

Well, the best moisturizer I have ever tried is Eucerin Skin Renewal, but people claim it is greasy. I have a feeling that no matter what moisturizer I make it will not suit everyone. Also, making SPF turns out to be an expensive proposition. We could make an inexpensive regular 'ol moisturizer, but when you throw in spf, it becomes pricey. I couldn't sell it for much less than what is already on the market. I think for right now I'll hold off on another product. I don't know that acne.org and the regimen is widely known enough and trusted to benefit from a "system" of products. I think not having the products will do more to promote the regimen than having them, and that is my ultimate goal. People can buy whatever products they want. I just want them on the regimen. But, my mind is open for the future. We shall see.

Well, the best moisturizer I have ever tried is Eucerin Skin Renewal, but people claim it is greasy.  I have a feeling that no matter what moisturizer I make it will not suit everyone.  Also, making SPF turns out to be an expensive proposition. We could make an inexpensive regular 'ol moisturizer, but when you throw in spf, it becomes pricey.  I couldn't sell it for much less than what is already on the market.  I think for right now I'll hold off on another product.  I don't know that acne.org and the regimen is widely known enough and trusted to benefit from a "system" of products.  I think not having the products will do more to promote the regimen than having them, and that is my ultimate goal.  People can buy whatever products they want. I just want them on the regimen.  But, my mind is open for the future.  We shall see.