Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skotty

many black people using this?

i would like to know if any black ppl are using this and to know if ur results are the typical results and if it takes up to 3 months to see results. plus if u started out w/ mild acne or serious. im mostly lookin to hear from ppl w/ mild acne, dark skin, and black spots (old pimples). just to see how long it takes and if it clears old stuff. thanks.

Hi,

I am a black female and I have been using this regimen. It has worked really well for me. Although my skin is naturally oily, I have learned that by using a small amount of moisturiser it does its job and I'm not oily all over. I think that for the most part by taking care of your skin (cleaning, treating and moisturizing) you should see results. In term of the dark marks left from previous acne, this regimen does not remove those marks. I am now looking for a way to get rid of the dark marks I have a few on my left check area.

I hope that you give this regimen a try. Its worth trying. I did and I love the results my skin is as clear as I have remember it being in a long long time. If you have any other question please feel free to ask me.

Take Care.

One more thing, it took me about a month of using the products consistently before I started seeing results. I have been using the products for about 2 months now and my skin is looking great.

One more thing, it took me about a month of using the products consistently before I started seeing results. I have been using the products for about 2 months now and my skin is looking great.

I’m a part black, part white, part amaizing male and have had what I would guess is mild acne on my forehead since my teens. I’m 24 now and gave BP a try a month ago and gave up. I got fed up with some of the itching and the pasty white residue the BP I was using left on my face. Maybe I was using too much. I think it helped a bit, but I didn’t do wonders. Had I stuck to it, maybe I’d be telling a different story, dunno.

I’ve since started up again with another brand of BP (5% Peroxiben, from a local pharmacy) that doesn’t leave the white residue on my face. I ramp up or down the amount depending on the dryness of my forehead. Finding a balence is important, IMO. After applying the BP, I use an oat (or oatmeal whatever) based moisturizer called D’Aveia that I bought at a local skin care product shop. The lady said that it’s gentle, not too oily and that’s it’s usually used for babies, so I’m giving it a try. It set me back some 10 odd euro bucks, but it’s no biggie since I only use a small amount on my forehead. I’ve also bought some aloe vera gel and latter an aloe vera plant, but I don’t think the aloe is helping much.

Btw, I wash with some cheap pH balanced body bath gel.

(I should stress that my acne is mild; I have mostly tiny bumps, but I dot get some nasty red bumps and whiteheads every now and then that sometimes leave some pretty ugly scars.)

My advice: don’t be an extremist, try whatever makes sense, stick to your regimen(s) at least for a while, see what works for you.

IMO, that’s a misconception. I think sport has a lot to do with practice. If you learn and practice the sport enough eventually you’ll be good at it.

I do think it can be a cultural thing, meaning mindset of a group. Example, if your peers put a lot of emphasis on sport, it’s likely you would take up a sport, put the same emphasis on it, and maybe excel at it.

edit: Btw, there are white people just about in every other sport and there are a few sports which are virtually dominated by whites, but that doesn’t mean other people can’t learn to play them and eventually be good at them.

my 2c

Snoxu, have you ever seen a black guy with his shirt off? Every black guy that isn't overweight is ripped. White People? hardly anybody is ripped, even if they do a lot of weights. Black people naturally have better bodies than us.

Snoxu, have you ever seen a black guy with his shirt off? Every black guy that isn't overweight is ripped.  White People? hardly anybody is ripped, even if they do a lot of weights.  Black people naturally have better bodies than us.

allmorg42: I though that by athletic you meant being good at sports.

I don’t know about generalizing though. I’ve met all kinds of black people, fitness and body wise. There could be all kinds of variables: age, diet, physical activities, health issues, etc. There are a lot of black people in the world, surely many of them are not athletic types.

IMO, if you want to be fit, you could probably do something about it, but you can’t do much about your race except be happy with it.

I am 15 and really dont have many complaints about my body at the moment, thankfully. But im not ripped. Yeah, though, your exactly right. There are many obese black people, as are white people.

I'm white but i wish i was black  cool.gif  lol, you guys are so much more athletic than us.

lmao,i'm black. tha's how black people do, whatever we put our mine on,with hard work were going to get it. it could be taking your girl,school,sports,music. we just gets busy... cool.gif

i would like to know if any black ppl are using this and to know if ur results are the typical results and if it takes up to 3 months to see results. plus if u started out w/ mild acne or serious. im mostly lookin to hear from ppl w/ mild acne, dark skin, and black spots (old pimples). just to see how long it takes and if it clears old stuff. thanks.

I'm about to start the regime but I'm a bit worried. I have black skin, I did use benzoyl peroxide (panoxyl) in the past but it made the my spots go darker and really dried out my skin.

Any advice?

cheers

I'm about to start the regime but I'm a bit worried. I have black skin, I did use benzoyl peroxide (panoxyl) in the past but it made the my spots go darker

Never heard of that, but I'm no expert and I use a different brand of BP (Peroxiben)... can't really help you. Maybe searching the forum...

and really dried out my skin.

A proper moisturizer should help and/or starting small and ramping up on that BP is what the Regimen suggests...