Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carys

The Accutane Show

Ok, I'm done. I have my final dr's appointment tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be getting my Tazorac and Yasmin prescriptions.

Still have spots, though. This makes me pretty much think that in a few weeks to a couple of months later, I'll most likely be breaking out again. Oh well.

I would definitely tell anyone to try this stuff if the doc says it's needed. My face isn't perfect by any means, but it's so much better than it was in August.

Anyway, I'll probably keep a separate post-'tane journal in the other forum.

Good luck to everyone else, and I'll be seeing you around the boards! :proud:

Well, just wanted to update to say that on my very last day I have found a new zit on the corner of my mouth. Severely annoyed.

However, this isn't too much of a bad thing, because now I have something to point out to the dr tomorrow morning. Somehow, I think it will make little difference, though.

I hate acne.

Well, I went to the dr's yesterday, and she pretty much did what I expected. I pointed out the zits I had and she blithely said that I just need to get on a retinoid, ASAP, and threw prescriptions for Tazorac and Yamin at me. Honestly, the zits I had were really tiny, but I was concerned just the same.

I guess that's the end of this particular 'tane log. Hopefully, I'll be able to come back and say that it worked well for me in the long run. I might start a new journal in the prescription logs to document my Taz/Yasmin experience as well. We'll see, though.

Hope the rest of you 'taners get the clear skin you deserve!

Thanks, AmberLynn. Actually, you don't have to feel sorry for me one bit, because the zits I did have were absolutely invisible to everyone but myself. They're more like tiny dots. Anyway, the only reason I was freaking was because you never know if that's a sign of things to come, ya know?

Anyway, just one last update before I make a new journal over in the other log: I've been using Taz every night (.1% cream) since last Wed and been on Yasmin since Sunday. So far, everything is peachy. The Taz has made me a little dry, but since I'm using the Cetaphil cream in the mornings, I've managed to keep from flaking out. Otherwise, the Taz seems to be evening things out really well. I'm still red, but that's fine. I'm pretty sure being on a retinoid will make me always a little on the pink side, anyhow. A teensy bit of oil has come back, but nothing like it was before. I don't even need to blot or anything yet. (Hoping I won't have to ever, but we'll see.)

Yasmin seems to be treating me well. I had a few slight headaches, and I've been really thirsty, but other than that, not much to report on that medication. The real test comes next week, the dreaded week before period timeframe!!!

Anyway, the most important thing is that it's been almost a week since starting Taz (week and a half since going off 'tane) and I haven't had one new zit since. So far, I'm happy, but I realize that things could start to revert back to crap in the future. Right now, I'm trying not to think about it too much.

Good luck to everyone else.