Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there, I have tried Carley's clear and smooth treatment before. The cleanser I have to say did not work on me at all and the little particles inside the cleanser was too rough for me, made my skin really red and itchy. I think I might have been allergic to the cleanser. However, I really like the moisturizer, it made my skin really smooth and soft.

I've been using carley's on my back for the past month, and it has helped minimally. I had mild to moderate acne back there. It's nothing spectacular. I do agree that the particles in there are harsh (like the original St. Ives exfoliator).

I think you're better off not using manual exfoliators (i.e. things that have walnet shells, or rough particles) in them. Like Dan mentions, they irritate your face and can lead to breakouts. Gentle washing is key.

If you do need to exfoliate, maybe you can try chemical exfoliants. This refers to washes with AHAs (i.e. glycolic acid) or BHAs (salicylic acid).