Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeffh

Super cop X2,Retin A,Scar Zone and Mederma

I am going to try the combination Super cop X2,Retin A,Scar Zone and Mederma and see if I can change some of the flat scar tissue into scar free skin.I know it's suppose tobe impossible but i am going to give it a try.I may also try Jessner soultion before the Super cop x2 for a peel.

Jeff

You might want to read this from a study on Mederma before trying it: “Treated [Mederma] and untreated [placebo] subjects were compared on all covariants: age, gender, ethnicity, scar age, and use. No significant difference exists between treated and placebo groups for any of these variables…..More placebo patients than treated patients reported improvement� To cut a long story short “ There were no differences in improvement for either of the physician-related measures between the two groups.� Another study in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery stated “Computer analysis of the scar photographs demonstrated no significant reduction in scar erythema [redness] with Mederma treatment.�

Thanks for the info but I've already bought some.I hate to be negative but its doubtful at best this will work.I think, once scar tissue always scar tissue.

Jeff

jeff the thing is mederma only works for keloid scar tissues. it will not work for indented scars. u always have to look for the ingredients and be knowledgableof what you apply and purchase before u dig into it. replace it with tca cross. u will get desirable results with your experiment

jeff the thing is mederma only works for keloid scar tissues. it will not work for indented scars. u always have to look for the ingredients and be knowledgableof what you apply and purchase before u dig into it. replace it with tca cross. u will  get desirable results with your experiment

Hey Jeff, biggrin.gif

So how can you tell that the skin on the scar is scar tissue? Does it have like a different texture than the rest of the skin or something?

Supercop 2x purports to dissolve scar tissue and in turn repair the scar. It promises a lot. I have been using it for a while (over three months) so far, it's looking good especially now that I started doing at home microdermabrasions before I apply the 2x. But I haven't really had any of my scars go away, but the texture of my skin is hella good compared to before (still not great though).

I really hope this works for you and let us know how it goes!

Hey Jeff,  biggrin.gif

So how can you tell that the skin on the scar is scar tissue?  Does it have like a different texture than the rest of the skin or something? 

Supercop 2x purports to dissolve scar tissue and in turn repair the scar.  It promises a lot.  I have been using it for a while (over three months) so far, it's looking good especially now that I started doing at home microdermabrasions before I apply the 2x.  But I haven't really had any of my scars go away, but the texture of my skin is hella good compared to before (still not great though).

I really hope this works for you and let us know how it goes!

Lexy,

I was looking at your pictures and your scars aren't that bad.They were about like mine and I flatten mine as I've stated.I think you could do the same with no problem and could probably have them smoothed with one or maybe two well performed dermabrasions.You could go the time consuming route and do the home peels but you have alot of options in my opinion.

Jeff