Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marcin872

my derm told me to switch to electric razors

i was looking at the Panasonic ES8095NC Pivot Action Pro-Curve Men's Wet/Dry Rechargeable Shaver for myself because my skin is all fucked up from razors and he told me to try electric. My hairs grow in all different directions and now im stuck with scars acne bumps and irritation. And i wanna buy a good quality electric razor so that it can help me out and i could look normal again. Would it work on my skin. please reply and help me out

Shaving isnt enough to cause scarring acne, it can cause irritation of the skin which I suppose in theory could block your pores, but this would result in minimal acne to be honest. I've had a few shaving rashes come up in the past like little red bumps but usually they've gone after a few days and its always been where my stubble grows at a slightly different angle to the rest of it. An electric razor will leave you with virtually no irritation, so your face will probably not look as red, you wont get as good a shave from any electric razor as you would from a wet shave though, but it depends on how thick your stubble.

Shaving isnt enough to cause scarring acne, it can cause irritation of the skin which I suppose in theory could block your pores, but this would result in minimal acne to be honest. I've had a few shaving rashes come up in the past like little red bumps but usually they've gone after a few days and its always been where my stubble grows at a slightly different angle to the rest of it. An electric razor will leave you with virtually no irritation, so your face will probably not look as red, you wont get as good a shave from any electric razor as you would from a wet shave though, but it depends on how thick your stubble.