Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mills

oral antibotic intial flare t/f?

do oral anitibotic cause intial flare since tey kill bacteria and have anti inflammtory effct.

so if i take an oral antibotic for few days only when i break out will it help the flare go awy or will it make me break out more?

thanks

You wont break out from starting oral antibiotics. Initial outbreaks only come from retinoids because they affect the keritinization process of the skin and messes it up for a while as it takes control. However, if you're changing from one oral antibiotic to another then there may be a period where the first antibiotic wears off and the new one starts to take control, you can break out in this period but thats not a direct result of the antibiotic

thanks yall

i was wondering if i take the antiboic minocyline when i get my monthly breakout.

could it help it go away faster?

also do you know taking it in that intermittent way , would that increase chance of bacteria ressitance?

thanks

intermittenly taking it will increase resistance as the bacteria will have time to regroup and start colonising and will build up an immunity to it as generations survive it! I doubt it will help it go away faster, maybe slightly, but its main action is to prevent future breakouts. If you're femal though then its possible that even antibiotics wont completely sort out your monthly outbreak