Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heidi

anyone tried la mer?

hi I'm healing from a dermabrasion and i'm wondering if anyone has tried the

la mer products.

I know they are extremely expensive but they ae made for burn victims and face lifts

I'e been usind the \concentrate and then the cream

my skin is getting lighter and not as flacky it's easier to appply makeup

it's only 2 days so i'll let you know

also i'm 2 weeks post dermabrasion

Do you have any pics? How red is you skin at 2 weeks. My daughter (18) is thinking about having dermabrasion over the christmas holidays, but she is scarred she will not be healed enough and will not want to go back to school so soon . She will have 15 days after derm to heal. How old are you?

Agoff my first four dermabrasions were done during Christmas holidays. By the end of two weeks she will be very red and probably peeling. She will most likely be able to apply makeup, but it will be apparent that something is going on with her skin.

Heidi: I would be very careful using La Mer products this close after a dermabrasion. I used the oil free version at one point and had a horrid skin reaction, apparently I'm allergic to the sea algae in the product. Have you looked at the product reviews on Makeup Alley? During these first few weeks I would suggest using a healing oil such as jojoba. It was one of the only things that gave me some relief during the last part of the healing phase.

Agoff my first four dermabrasions were done during Christmas holidays. By the end of two weeks she will be very red and probably peeling. She will most likely be able to apply makeup, but it will be apparent that something is going on with her skin.

Heidi: I would be very careful using La Mer products this close after a dermabrasion. I used the oil free version at one point and had a horrid skin reaction, apparently I'm allergic to the sea algae in the product. Have you looked at the product reviews on Makeup Alley? During these first few weeks I would suggest using a healing oil such as jojoba. It was one of the only things that gave me some relief during the last part of the healing phase.

Do you have any pics? How red is you skin at 2 weeks. My daughter (18) is thinking about having dermabrasion over the christmas holidays, but she is scarred she will not be healed enough and will not want to go back to school so soon . She will have 15 days after derm to heal. How old are you?

I've never seen a good real review of Creme de La Mer. Au contraire, I've only heard bad thing about it...it should be called "de La Merde" smile.gif

I used creme de la mer once and was not impressed. Way too expensive, I think emu oil is better.

well it's been 6 days now that i'm using the concentrate for surgeries from la mer and the cream and my face is much less red !!!! and no breakouts yet i'm very impressed it's not something i would use forever but for the healing process it's great.

Hi animegirlie, i've had Exoderm done three weeks ago and my skin gets very dry and peels when i don't apply a heavy hydrating topical product, i have read that if you let your skin dry you can get texture problems, should i leave it dry and peel? Thank you

i think you should never let your skin dry out when it is still raw!! once it has healed and is still just pink then go on o using a lighter moisturiser and i found the best thing for peeling is to do compress with white vinegar and washcloth it will remove all the flakes very gently then apply tour moisturiser it worked for me and still is after my dermabrasion