Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Me3

I have reached desperate now......

Alright well I have had enough of this and this is the time in my life that I think this problem needs to go away, not only because I am preparing to enter into a relationship with someone, but also because I am not getting as many zits as I used to.

As you can see from the picture attached, my problem is quite clear, shitloads of red marks and or scars. The otherside of my face looks basicly the same though not as bad.

I have tried Proactiv for about 6 monthes(this happened maybe a year ago now?), but it pretty much did nothing. I probably poke and prod at them too much, but I look so horrible as it is now and it just frustrates the heck out of me mad.gif I stopped using Proactiv awhile ago, went to using nothing, but now I daily clean my face with Dove exfoliating bar soap and for 2 weeks having been using Neosporin cream. The Neosporin I think has kinda been helping, less zits and on the weekends it does't look as red or bad as that, but during the week having to work primarily out in the sun and with dusts/chemicals and stuff it just seems to get irritated like this and become god awful.

What exactly is my problem here and what can I do to get rid of it and help the situation? Thanks in advance.

Firstly, your skin is really not as bad as you think, i know you will hear that a lot on acne.org but its really not.

i think u should treat the active acne and get it banished first before u assess your red mark/scar situation

You have very little active acne left so it wont be hard to get rid of it, but consult your derm about it, and then see what he/she has to say as im sure they can give u something for your redness

Accutane may be the answer.. but your acne doesnt look bad enough for it

good luck , let us all know how its going xxx

Alright well I have had enough of this and this is the time in my life that I think this problem needs to go away, not only because I am preparing to enter into a relationship with someone, but also because I am not getting as many zits as I used to.

As you can see from the picture attached, my problem is quite clear, shitloads of red marks and or scars. The otherside of my face looks basicly the same though not as bad.

I have tried Proactiv for about 6 monthes(this happened maybe a year ago now?), but it pretty much did nothing. I probably poke and prod at them too much, but I look so horrible as it is now and it just frustrates the heck out of me mad.gif  I stopped using Proactiv awhile ago, went to using nothing, but now I daily clean my face with Dove exfoliating bar soap and for 2 weeks having been using Neosporin cream. The Neosporin I think has kinda been helping, less zits and on the weekends it does't look as red or bad as that, but during the week having to work primarily out in the sun and with dusts/chemicals and stuff it just seems to get irritated like this and become god awful.

What exactly is my problem here and what can I do to get rid of it and help the situation? Thanks in advance.

Red marks take forever to go away. I've had 5 vstar laser treatments for them. They have helped a ton, but they are still very noticeable without makeup. I'm thinking about having Smoothbeam which would help,too. ANyways, unless you're having some kind of laser treatment, or on RetinA or any other medication like that, you have to wait it out. There are some over the counter products from Neutrogena, Aveeno, and Eucerin which is supposed to help with red marks.

I have tried Proactiv for about 6 monthes(this happened maybe a year ago now?), but it pretty much did nothing. I probably poke and prod at them too much, but I look so horrible as it is now and it just frustrates the heck out of me mad.gif  I stopped using Proactiv awhile ago, went to using nothing, but now I daily clean my face with Dove exfoliating bar soap and for 2 weeks having been using Neosporin cream. The Neosporin I think has kinda been helping, less zits and on the weekends it does't look as red or bad as that, but during the week having to work primarily out in the sun and with dusts/chemicals and stuff it just seems to get irritated like this and become god awful.

it looks like you're sunburned and your skin looks irritated and inflamed. does not really look like redmaks.

my skin looked just like that 3 months ago. It was a combination of sunburn and inflamed zits. I got it calmed down by avoiding the sun (spf does not work on me, I get red AND irritated) and stoppimg my compulsive eating. I also clean at most once a day w/ a gentle cleanser. Dove exfoloiating bar twice a day is pretty harsh, even on healthy skin, much less already inflamed skin. And even the regular dove bar is pretty harsh (I tried it once). I did better with neutrogena glycerin bar (not the acne one, the regular one). That helped. I also took aspirin twoice a day for a couple of days. But too much aspirin can be totally bad. anyway, I'm keeping a log on my own redface situation. You might not find it too helpful though cuz I'm using ortho for the zits and 30% of my "getting rid of redness" regime is staying outta the sun.

anyway, you're really handsome wub.gif

it looks like you're sunburned and your skin looks irritated and inflamed. does not really look like redmaks.

my skin looked just like that 3 months ago. It was a combination of sunburn and inflamed zits. I got it calmed down by avoiding the sun (spf does not work on me, I get red AND irritated) and stoppimg my compulsive eating. I also clean at most once a day w/ a gentle cleanser. Dove exfoloiating bar twice a day is pretty harsh, even on healthy skin, much less already inflamed skin. And even the regular dove bar is pretty harsh (I tried it once). I did better with neutrogena glycerin bar (not the acne one, the regular one). That helped. I also took aspirin twoice a day for a couple of days. But too much aspirin can be totally bad. anyway, I'm keeping a log on my own redface situation. You might not find it too helpful though cuz I'm using ortho for the zits and 30% of my "getting rid of redness" regime is staying outta the sun.

anyway, you're really handsome wub.gif

You should definately treat the active acne first, many ways to do this, for one way, check the 2nd link in my signature.

Ok I have been reading the threads around here and a few things keep getting mentioned......

What is a glycolic acid peel? Is it as bad as it sounds? Just basicly what is it, where do I get it, and could it help....

Also I see people mentioning lemon water? Are you saying I should be drinking lemon water or something confused.gifeusa_eh.gifninja.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_think.gifeusa_shifty.gif What is the deal with that treatment, what is it, what do I need and how do I do it? razz.gif

I went to buy more bar soap today and man was that hard...... Of course I was the only freakin male dork that picks out bar soap, and I couldn't find the Neutrogena stuff, so I just got regular dove stuff for now...... Mostly just to get out of the aisle because of of course, I was the only guy in that aisle amongest all the women, and when my sister picked up the cheap bar crap soap, I said "No, I don't like the cheap stuff, I need this for my skin". Owhh dear, I need a girlfriend fast rolleyes.gifeusa_shifty.gifeusa_wall.giflol.gif

hey me3. for the diet thing, i really suggest you check out igotmyphilosophy's log in the personal regimen log forum. She does this thing, well, I'll let u read it, but she basically got her redness to calm down by 70% by the 3rd day or something.

I sorta tried doing what she did (a less extrerme variation) and it really did help.

If u decide to try it, all i can say, I hope ya like apples.

There's like a shitload of products out there for fading redmarks, but it really doesn't look like to me that you have redmarks, just general sunburn and irritation, from the pics u posted anyway. Check out some pics in the redmarks forum, they look pretty different.

v.

hey me3. for the diet thing, i really suggest you check out igotmyphilosophy's log in the personal regimen log forum. She does this thing, well, I'll let u read it, but she basically got her redness to calm down by 70% by the 3rd day or something.

I sorta tried doing what she did (a less extrerme variation) and it really did help.

If u decide to try it, all i can say, I hope ya like apples.

There's like a shitload of products out there for fading redmarks, but it really doesn't look like to me that you have redmarks, just general sunburn and irritation, from the pics u posted anyway. Check out some pics in the redmarks forum, they look pretty different.

v.

This is probably a better picture of the problem so you tell me, this was taken today of course and the previous picture was taken the day I started this thread.

post-27283-1124665072_thumb.jpg

post-27283-1124665072_thumb.jpg

Ok I have been reading the threads around here and a few things keep getting mentioned......

What is a glycolic acid peel? Is it as bad as it sounds? Just basicly what is it, where do I get it, and could it help....

Also I see people mentioning lemon water? Are you saying I should be drinking lemon water or something confused.gif  eusa_eh.gif  ninja.gif  eusa_wall.gif  eusa_think.gif  eusa_shifty.gif  What is the deal with that treatment, what is it, what do I need and how do I do it? razz.gif

I went to buy more bar soap today and man was that hard...... Of course I was the only freakin male dork that picks out bar soap, and I couldn't find the Neutrogena stuff, so I just got regular dove stuff for now...... Mostly just to get out of the aisle because of of course, I was the only guy in that aisle amongest all the women, and when my sister picked up the cheap bar crap soap, I said "No, I don't like the cheap stuff, I need this for my skin". Owhh dear, I need a girlfriend fast rolleyes.gif  eusa_shifty.gif  eusa_wall.gif  lol.gif

Yeah, basicly on the weekends I just dork around the house lol.gif I dunno what it is really, maybe the stress of work? Shit if I know, but I wanna try the acid and lemon stuff and see how that works, and I am gonna do everything possible to stay out of the sun, which wasn't too bad today considering it was cloudy and rainy eusa_dance.gif

Shouldn't I make another topic for my sorry ass love life? neutral.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_doh.giflol.gif Hehehehe, fine, your probably the only one that cares, but I will post it up later razz.gif

Ok, take a seat, because this is gonna be a long one, and boy can I talk! Maybe this is a good story to tell, so that I can get sympathy and people will help me more eusa_dance.gif

First lets note these song lyrics

Under The Gun

by The Killers

She's got her halo and wings

hidden under his eyes.

But she's an angel for sure.

She just can't stop telling lies.

But it's too late for his love

already caught in a trap.

His angel's kiss was a joke,

and she is not coming back.

Because heaven sends, and heaven takes;

crashing cars in his brain.

Keep him tied up to a dream, a

nd only she can set him free.

And then he says to me:

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now.

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now.

Again and again.

She's got a criminal mind

He's got a reason to pray

His life is under the gun

he's got to hold everyday

Now he just wants to wake up

Yea, just to prove its a dream

Cuz she's an angel for sure.

But that remains to be seen

Keep him tied up to a dream,

and only she can set him free.

And then he says to me:

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now.

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now.

Stupid on the streets of London

James Dean in the Rain

Without her, its not the same

the same

the same

but its alright

Keep him tied up to a dream, a

nd only she can set him free.

And then he says to me:

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now.

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now,

Kill me now.

Again and again.

*slowly picks heart back up from off the floor, puts it back in chest and backs away*

eusa_shifty.gifninja.gif