Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
collegestudent05

Duac + Differ vs. BP + Differin - help!

I just saw my derm and he prescribed me Differin for the evenings and Duac in the morning. But, he also said BP would be OK in the morning because Duac is basically just BP + Clindamycin. Since BP is SOOO much cheaper and easier to get, I'd prefer to use that...is this a bad idea? Anyone hae any good/bad stories about Duac?

My story, real quick: I've been struggling with mild - moderate acne for the past few years, and the Regimen kept me pretty clear and happy for most of it...but recently it seems to have stopped working. I don't really get any inflamed acne, but I still have those ever-stubborn little white bumps that just won't leave...so I'm trying to go on the offensive with this new Differen + BP/Duac treatment...I figure BP is always a last resort if it all goes haywire, but I want to give this a fair chance.

Please let me know what you think!

Duac shouldn't be too expensive as long as you have insurance. I was on it once. There's a case study included in the pamphlet that comes with duac. It shows those who use duac reduce their current acne lesions quicker, and is more effective. BP should do the job if that's easier for you though.

i say that differin was a good spot treatment for me. it helped to dry out pimples more quickly than other stuff ive used. it helped with clogged pores however my skin is super dry now. so balance out with good mosturizer

Duac is better than BP. If you read the insert that comes with it, it shows how the clinical tests show that it's better. Also, my daughter's personal experience shows it works better, with less redness.

Duac is better than BP.  If you read the insert that comes with it, it shows how the clinical tests show that it's better.  Also, my daughter's personal experience shows it works better, with less redness.

What about Cleocin? How does that compare to BP? I think I was mistaken when I said I'd been prescribed Duac...I'm pretty sure it was Cleocin. Should I switch to it or stick with BP? Thanks!