Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I decided to see an acupunctureist today. She has been in practice for 25 years. She asked me a few questions about my health. From these answers, she knew more about me than any doctor has ever! She told me that I have lots of energy, but get tired fast. She was right. She asked what time I go to sleep at night, and that I probably have lots of dreams. She was right again. She also told me not to think as much before I sleep, or not to think so much period. She knew about my body and the balance of my body really fast. I asked her how many people see her for acne. She told me lots of people visit, but it's mostly stress related. My tongue is pale, which means my body is cold, and it should be pink in color. I do feel cold a lot, and have been feeling this way for awhile. I proceeded my first session.

She stuck about 15 needles in me for about 25 minutes. Some in my legs, some in my head and ears, and some on my arms and hands. It didn't hurt, but it felt weird. I just sat there for 25 minutes, relaxing and trying not to think. She says it can take 5-8 sessions. It's $60 per session, so it's not cheap. I will go 2 times a week.

Conclusion: She told me that I should not eat hot/spicy foods, and should steam my veggies. I eat a lot of salads, and she says that warmer foods are better for me so I can get my body temp. up. She also suggested to use just aloe vera plant on my skin to help redness, and to go to sleep ay 10pm everynight. The whole purpose of this is to get my body back into balance, and make my body warmer so that my energy can fight the acne. Many of you don't understand this, but this may work for me. I'll keep posting my results.

I'm interested to see how this turns out.

But I don't like that she thinks you should change your lifestyle a little. It will be beneficial for you to do what she says, but for me, I'm too lazy to change.

I just want the pins to go in, and the problems out, and that would be the end of it.

Where did you find you're accupuncturist? I also live in California. In San Francisco. Do you know anyone there? ...maybe i should look, there's tons of chinese people in S.F. lol. anyways. good luck with your treatments!

If you just look in in the Yellow Pages phone book under acupuncture, you will find many. I just made sure that they have been around for awhile, that they are certified and that they are actually Asian.

No, she didn't. She did ask me if I took any in the past. I used to take milk thistle, and some other blend of herbs. She told me to get a aloe plant, and use this after I rinse my face. So, I bought an aloe plant, and started apply the gel that's inside the plant to my face. It is a real plant, so there are no chemicals. I didn't even know that aloe contains a type of salicylic acid! It feels great too. She also told me that I need to restore my lungs back to a greater condition, whatever this means. I don't smoke, so I'm not sure what she means. Aparently, my lungs have something to do with my acne.

No, she didn't. She did ask me if I took any in the past. I used to take milk thistle, and some other blend of herbs. She told me to get a aloe plant, and use this after I rinse my face. So, I bought an aloe plant, and started apply the gel that's inside the plant to my face. It is a real plant, so there are no chemicals. I didn't even know that aloe contains a type of salicylic acid! It feels great too. She also told me that I need to restore my lungs back to a greater condition, whatever this means. I don't smoke, so I'm not sure what she means. Aparently, my lungs have something to do with my acne.