Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was thinking of doin this mornin and night:

Neutrogena Acne Wash, then the multivitamin moisturiser to get rid of the red marks and then the spot on stuff.

I know that every products works differently on every person but do you think this mornin and night would be too much?

Also, is this salicylic acid the same as BP?

Thanks....

These products did not work for me, they only dried and irritated my skin and then I got even more pimples.

BEWARE OF NEUTORGENA PRODUCTS FOR THEY ARE THE CAUSE OF ACNE!!! Well for me, they made me breakout. I'm only in this forum because of that dang nabitted Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash!! ](*,) :D Anyways, I know many people that breakout severely after using Neutorgena products..

i feel like i have to defend neutrogena. my best friend had mild acne, and she used neutrogena acne fresh foaming clenser and it cleared her up, and thats the only thing she uses. as for me, well it didn't work to well because i was using a lot of different products as well as the acne foaming stuff, also s. Acid doesn't get along with my skin, but i would say just keep it simple and hopefully it will work for you :D/

The acne washes are way to harsh [-( (not only the Neutrogena ones, all that ones on the market) but I cleared myself with Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser . :D/

I thought I'd jump in with some insight on Neutrogena. For about a year I used Neutragena Oil Free Face wash (or the generic version) which contains salicylic acid. I had whiteheads, blackheads, comedoes etc just about every day. I thought I was doing the best I could for my skin, didn't realize there was much of a difference in face washes. Then I read about BP in a prevention magazine article. It said something about using salicylic acid, glycolic acid and BP as the "cure" for acne. Well, I figured I would try a BP product and I bought Neutragena's Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask for about $7 U.S. I can't tell you what a difference it has made for my skin. I don't get whiteheads anymore as long as I am good with putting the BP on every day. The blackhead situation has improved significantly and no new ones have appeared. This is a major improvement, though unfortunately I still have a lot of comedoes on my chin.

So to recap. I think that it's not necessarily a case of Neutrogena products being bad for your skin, rather I think it's a matter of finding out what active ingredients do well with your skin and which will irritate it and cause breakouts.

P.S. I tried the Neutrogena Multivitamin for red marks everyone is raving about, but I should have read the active ingredient list! Salicylic acid!

Christina - No, salicylic acid and BP are not the same. however, to get the results you want from the SA, you need to get a moisturizer that contains SA. Using a face was containing SA does not allow it to stay on the skin long enough to do the job you want it to do.

I thought I'd jump in with some insight on Neutrogena. For about a year I used Neutragena Oil Free Face wash (or the generic version) which contains salicylic acid. I had whiteheads, blackheads, comedoes etc just about every day. I thought I was doing the best I could for my skin, didn't realize there was much of a difference in face washes. Then I read about BP in a prevention magazine article. It said something about using salicylic acid, glycolic acid and BP as the "cure" for acne. Well, I figured I would try a BP product and I bought Neutragena's Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask for about $7 U.S. I can't tell you what a difference it has made for my skin. I don't get whiteheads anymore as long as I am good with putting the BP on every day. The blackhead situation has improved significantly and no new ones have appeared. This is a major improvement, though unfortunately I still have a lot of comedoes on my chin

So to recap. I think that it's not necessarily a case of Neutrogena products being bad for your skin, rather I think it's a matter of finding out what active ingredients do well with your skin and which will irritate it and cause breakouts.  

P.S. I tried the Neutrogena Multivitamin for red marks everyone is raving about, but I should have read the active ingredient list! Salicylic acid!

do you use this product as a mask or a cleanser?

as i posted in another thread, i also use the neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask. it works quite well. gets rid of those red, inflammed pimples (whiteheads).

dmgrady: i use it as a cleanser.