Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello guys, i have a serious question here.

i'm thinking of going rhinoplasty, also known as nose job. i'll be going for 1 of the simplest nose job, juz adding an implant.

But i'm still on my accutane, like 3rd month only.

I really want the Op done, so plz dun persuade me to skip it. wat i need are genuine advices and informations, i'll appreciate them very much.

so any real professionals about accutane or even plastic surgery plz tell me..

i'm aware of side effects like dry skin, but my nose has no cystic-like acne, but else where does have.

the nose used to have, but have already died off even before i'm on tane, usually only small pimples.

if it is a must to stop accutane, i would. i'll juz continue the course after the surgery. But i wld really wish to know if its possible to continue the course, as i'm afraid a major break out may occur.

many thanks! eusa_angel.gif

-a troubled soul cry.gif

Not a good idea. Accutane causes you to heal much more slowly and can cause scarring you wouldn't normally have. Simply stopping Accutane now won't really help as it can take up to six months for your healing response to normalize. Since this is cosmetic surgery, excessive scarring would really be counterproductive. I'd finish the Accutane course and schedule the nose job for at least six months after the course is finished.

are they going to break your nose bones?

if they are i would put it off if u can becuz it causes excess bone growth when your bone is healing especially on your face.

i wouldnt be so worried about the scarring cuz the nose job its usually scars hidden inside of your nose.

u really have to ask your PS his opinion about this depands what kind of surgery he plans to do.

i have been putting off accutane cuz i need revision/adjustment on one breast implant but my PS is ok with me starting the accutane, he said he will still operate on me. im still scared to start cuz i dont want a ugly scar.

thx for the replies.

i only need an implant to define my nose bridge, no breaking of bones is required.

cobie, how long have u been putting off accutane before ur surgeon is ok with the surgery to carry on? or did u mean, u carry on with accutane during the surgery?

i was told to stop it about 1month before the surgery. and can continue a few months aft surgery. i hope i can continue it even sooner, i have yet to ask my derm, wonder how he wld think.

i think it wld be like a "restart" of my tane course since it will be a few months without tane.

i will use BP to surpress the acne growth, i still can use it right? even if i have to stop accutane.

i havent started accuntane yet. but my ps was ok with me being on it and having surgery without stopping.

asked my derm about this today he said it is too risky to have surgery while i am on it. cuz the skin is very fragile and u are more likely to have a ugly scar or overgrown scar. and taking breaks is a waste of time it will not work properly .

so he gave me some more antibiotics to get me by the next few months. then after its all over i can start accutane.

i havent started accuntane yet. but my ps was ok with me being on it and having surgery without stopping.

asked my derm about this today he said it is too risky to have surgery while i am on it. cuz the skin is very fragile and u are more likely to have a ugly scar or overgrown scar. and taking breaks is a waste of time it will not work properly .

so he gave me some more antibiotics to get me by the next few months. then after its all over i can start accutane.