Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
extra18

BP causes scars

I've had mild acne on my forehead for a while, I'm 18 now.

Usually I would get a whitehead or so and after a while it would disappear without any scars.

After finding out about the regimen, I decided acne had to go completely. So I've been following the regimen and using Dan's BP Gel for about 6-7 weeks and I guess the appearance of new acne has slowed down - I honestly cannot tell. The problem is that the places where I had acne turned into red/brown marks that don't seem to fade at all.

So I've concluded that the use of BP gel in the fashion described in the regimen will actually CAUSE brown acne scars.

In my perspective I don't really know if the regiment was worth it. Choosing an occasional whitehead over rare breakout but alot of brown spots.

Btw, I'm asian with light complexion.

I've had mild acne on my forehead for a while, I'm 18 now.

Usually I would get a whitehead or so and after a while it would disappear without any scars.

After finding out about the regimen, I decided acne had to go completely. So I've been following the regimen and using Dan's BP Gel for about 6-7 weeks and I guess the appearance of new acne has slowed down - I honestly cannot tell. The problem is that the places where I had acne turned into red/brown marks that don't seem to fade at all.

So I've concluded that the use of BP gel in the fashion described in the regimen will actually CAUSE brown acne scars.

In my perspective I don't really know if the regiment was worth it. Choosing an occasional whitehead over rare breakout but alot of brown spots.

Btw, I'm asian with light complexion.

I've just learned that brown spots are NOT scars.

So scratch that. Either way the spots are a problem.

I've also learned from Skintactix.com that my deduction was correct:

The use of benzoyl peroxide products generates free radicals in the skin and interferes with and slows the healing process.  The red and brown marks that are a part of the acne healing process may last weeks longer when benzoyl peroxide is a regular part of the daily regimen.  Benzoyl peroxide promotes hyperpigmentation...

Yeah, they arent scars. I noticed that BP makes the spots stay longer also. But the thing is, BP destroys the actual pimples for me.

So I have to choose between smooth skin with slow healing brown marks or slight bumpy skin with normal healing brown marks.

I've been working on the spots now for about two weeks.. BP is out.

Use some Neo? or maybe ScarZone? I have that too.. and im asian. Isnt it a pain in the _ _ _ for us?! Our skins are so light.. so it makes it so noticable! I USED to use BP and once i stopped.. i stopped getting AS MANY redmarks. I'd really just try the Neo for a lil while.. that way.. you'd have.

A. Clear Skin

B. Mark Free

Good luck guyyz. x3

I purchased the "Scarzone", however, I'm curious to know if it can cause breakouts. It doesn't state anywhere on the box (unless I'm blind) that it's non-acnegenic. I heard it works wonders, so I really want to use it.

Does anyone know? Has anyone been using this?

If it "works wonders" most likely it's non-comedogenic.

I haven't seen ScarZone being discussed recently at these messageboards..

scar zone did woners for me, my forehead had little 7 red marks bright red, and i would apply scarzone like every hour on the hour and they went away sooooooooo fast and my skin didn't break out at all actually it made my skin soooo soft and smooth and i think it actua;;y prevented acne.........just remember to use alot of it and massage into the skin for a few minutes..........very wonderful product!!!

certain acne mediations work for certain types of people, bp dosent work for certain types of skin, it just FRIES the pimple

I'm very fair Caucasian, I got 'burn' marks which would linger forever.

It's frustrating, isn't it...

I have light skin and BP does seem to make the redmarks last longer. I guess maybe we should try to cut down on BP if at all possible. You could try doing bp at night and aloe vera during the day (letting that stuff dry all over your face). Just a thought.

I thought this was only me... I use Clean and Clear, 5% BP. I was suprised how fast it worked, I regret using it because I had only 2 pimples at the time (I rarely, rarely get pimples.) But I read that you should put it every where on your face to protect "future pimples", now that I did that, I have so many brown blogs on my face.