Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hopeful1

100% TCA Cross

Hey all,

After reading all the threads on TCA CROSS that I could find, I ordered some 100% TCA (from the ebay lady) , and used it on three scars last night.

I held the toothpick in the TCA for a few seconds, twirled it around, and then pulled it out and made sure that it wasn't drippy. I then carefully stuck the tip (it was pretty pointy) in one of my little scars (it may've been small enough to be considered a scarred pore, I'm not sure.), and twisted it around a tad while pressing down into the skin.

About 5 minutes after doing this to 3 scars, I could see a white little hole where I'd done it. But this morning I can't see anything! I know where the scars are that I crossed, but I can't tell that anything's been done to them. eusa_think.gif I probably didn't get enough TCA on the toothpick, or maybe the TCA isn't really 100%.

I don't know.

Anyway, just wanted to start a thread so that I can chart my progress, or lack of. eusa_doh.gif If nothing happens in the next few days I'll try to be a tad more aggressive on some other scars.

*fingers crossed*

I recently ordered TCA from Ebay that is supposed to be 100%, and it wasn't. It was much weaker than that. With 100% TCA, the spots you treated would definitely be red.

Hey all,

After reading all the threads on TCA CROSS that I could find, I ordered some 100% TCA (from the ebay lady) , and used it on three scars last night. 

I held the toothpick in the TCA for a few seconds, twirled it around, and then pulled it out and made sure that it wasn't drippy.  I then carefully stuck the tip (it was pretty pointy) in one of my little scars (it may've been small enough to be considered a scarred pore, I'm not sure.), and twisted it around a tad while pressing down into the skin. 

About 5 minutes after doing this to 3 scars, I could see a white little hole where I'd done it.  But this morning I can't see anything!  I know where the scars are that I crossed, but I can't tell that anything's been done to them.  eusa_think.gif I probably didn't get enough TCA on the toothpick, or maybe the TCA isn't really 100%. 

I don't know. 

Anyway, just wanted to start a thread so that I can chart my progress, or lack of.  eusa_doh.gif If nothing happens in the next few days I'll try to be a tad more aggressive on some other scars. 

*fingers crossed*

Are you sure you read all the TCA threads?  If so you would realize that scabbing takes 2 to 3 days to occur after the application.  They will be very small scabs in this case so try not to accidentally rub them and knock them off good luck.

Colin

Are you sure you read all the TCA threads?  If so you would realize that scabbing takes 2 to 3 days to occur after the application.  They will be very small scabs in this case so try not to accidentally rub them and knock them off good luck.

Colin

Ya, I know they don't scab immediately. But I thought (and saw in pictures of others) that they'd at least still have that white-ish frosted look, and they don't. I've examined my face several times today and can't even figure out the exact spot that I crossed. bother.

It seemed to me that comparing the supposed 100% TCA to the 50% I already tried, the 100% was much slower to frost. The scar I used the 100% on, I had to poke with the toothpick three times. The next couple days the scar I used the 100% wasn't as red as the one I used the 50% on.

Other posters have mentioned how much stronger 100% felt compared to 50%, and it was noticeable when they did the CROSS.

The seller was Better Complexions.

They only really stay frosted for about 15-60 minutes really depending on % TCA and how long you contacted your skin.  How long did yours stay frosted?

Good luck hopeful, I hope you see some good results from your first cross. Please keep us updated, I love hearing how it works for different people!

hey trying, I've never used TCA, so I have nothing to compare mine to. I would hope though, that the seller sent what she advertised. It would majorly suck to be using some watered-down version. Is there any way for one to find out the real percentage the TCA is?

Klicker, you're beautiful...and sure, I'm going to try to continually report how things are looking.

I do wonder about these ebay sellers, there are no restrictions on its sale you can buy industrial tca very cheaply through a chemical supply warehouse and could call it lab grade or whatever, much of industrial chemicals contain oils and solvents and even metal shavings, after all there meant to be used on metals not faces.

hey trying, I've never used TCA, so I have nothing to compare mine to.  I would hope though, that the seller sent what she advertised.  It would majorly suck to be using some watered-down version.  Is there any way for one to find out the real percentage the TCA is? 

Klicker, you're beautiful...and sure, I'm going to try to continually report how things are looking.

Anyway, just wanted to start a thread so that I can chart my progress, or lack of.  eusa_doh.gif If nothing happens in the next few days I'll try to be a tad more aggressive on some other scars. 

*fingers crossed*

Good luck hopeful, I hope you see some good results from your first cross.  Please keep us updated, I love hearing how it works for different people!

Three days after my first 'cross', and I still can't even tell where I stuck my little toothpick. Oh well--I'd rather start out slowly than be aggressive and regret it.

On Wednesday evening I crossed a few more scars. I held the pick in the TCA for a little longer, and pressed a little harder that time. One scar was a little longer, and so I pressed into it in two separate spots (which covered the entire scar -- it wasn't very big). Today it has a brown look to it, and I think it's scabbing over a bit.

I don't have that many 'icepicks' to cross -- probably only 5 on each cheek, and only two of them would be considered 'big'. Mostly I have "rolling scars"...when light is shone from the rear, or above, my cheeks have an uneven, bumpy-ish look to them. I don't believe that crossing is good for those, or at least, that's what I thought I'd read.

Oh well. Gonna cross a few more tonight. Hopefully these ones will actually 'work', if I make sure to not be quite so timid with the toothpick.

I bought from better complexions.

I purchased my 100% TCA from ebay too.. the seller was - bettercomplexions. I had my reservations about the acid as i have a bottle of 50% that i purchased from Yavanoe, and it smells much stronger than the 100% bottle i bought from bettercomplexions. I emailed the seller to ask them if their stuff is definitely 100% TCA as i told them that a user on here purchased a 100% bottle from them and used it on one of their cheeks, only then to turn round and say that everyone over-dramatises the danger of 100% TCA- even worse the user started applying it with THEIR FINGER. I mean surely real 100% would do a lot of damage to your finger and basically melt your cheek off? but the seller insists their acid is 'definitely 100%'.

i've tried one 100% tca cross with the bottle purchased from bettercomplexions, and the scabs stay on for 7-9 days. It's been over 3 weeks now and can't say i see much difference but i know that it'll take about 3 treatments to see some noticeable results. Oh well... as long as this stuff is 100% then i'l try to be patient.. for now

I realized that I am getting a little scab on a little scar that I crossed Wednesday evening. It is so small it looked like a tiny freckle.

Should my scabs be larger? I guess I should use a slightly larger instrument to apply the TCA if I want a bigger scab, right? I dunno...I think I'll stick with smaller ones for a little. I don't want to give myself a bigger scar -- that would totally suck.

the ebay seller 'bettercomplexions' also has a website at www.tcapeels.net

on their website they're selling bottles of up to 50% TCA for around $38 (US) yet they dont offer the 100% TCA there..

so why sell supposed 100% on ebay for a third of the price? hmm

hopeful1, don't use anything thicker than a toothpick, the bigger the scab, the bigger the chance of making a scar worse, especially with this so called '100% TCA' stuff we're supposed to be using

have to wait over 2 months to see a derm, so might fit in another TCA cross before then. I'll use that supposed 100% stuff from bettercomplexions. I really won't know what to make of the stuff until at least one more CROSS, as i knew i wasn't gonna see much happen after the first one, and you need to wait for at least 2 or 3 cross applications before you see a recognisable difference. Hopefully this is 100% stuff and hopefully i can see some results soon!

Dazarooni....I used the 100% TCA from Bettercomplexions, and it seemed strong to me, stronger than when I've used 50%TCA. Whenever I crossed using 50%, my scabs would fall off in 4 to 5 days, no matter what I did to keep them intact. I crossed a scar with 100% TCA over a week ago, and my scab didn't fall off until day 7, and another, smaller scab formed twelve hours after the first scab fell off.

Also, you had mentioned something to the effect of bigger scab=possibly bigger resulting scar. IMO, it doesn't matter how big the scab on the crossed area is, as long as you keep the TCA within the borders of the scar. The scar I recently crossed was a very large moderate depth boxcar, and my scab was huge. When the first scab fell off, it was as if the scab had pulled the edges of the boxcar scar together as it was healing. The scar already appears smaller in size. I wonder how it is going to look when the second scab comes off. I will keep you posted.

Hi weathergrl. How many cross applications have you performed and how aggressive do you go? I have performed one cross with that 100% bottle i bought, and most of the scabs never came off until day 7 and 8 with some still there on day 9. I might do my next cross next friday which will be a month on from when i performed my first cross. Hopefully after this cross i can begin to see some results. If i noticed a scar filling in it would give me a lot of hope and make me feel good. Just wonder if freshly prepared TCA like the derms and docs use would give better results than the bottles we buy off ebay which are surely at least a month old.

Hey Dazarooni....I was pretty aggressive, I made sure my scars frosted good. This is the first time I've tried the 100% TCA. My results using 50% were somewhat dissappointing. Some scars got better, but most got shallower and larger in size, even though I stayed within the borders of the scar. I am hopeful that 100% TCA will provide much better collagen remodeling than the 50% TCA did. When you read the cross study, the group that used 100% TCA reported better satisfaction/results than the group that used 65% TCA.

Did your scars look bigger when the scabs came off after your first cross? Or did your scars look the same? I feel using 100% TCA is a risky proposition for me, considering that I didn't get good results with the 50% TCA, which is why I tested the 100% on only one scar. The scar I crossed still has a very light thin scab on it, but it looks good so far. The edges seem to be closing in, making it smaller. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes. Good luck with your next cross, I hope you start seeing improvement soon! biggrin.gif