Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joe

Weed and Acne

Does Smoking Weed give you acne?

I smoke weed. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......... :) I think weed is good for you because when you are high, your vision is impaired.

Joe High

No. As long as you drink lots of water to rehydrate your skin. Although if you use a bong you might get acne around your mouth since there is a lot of bacteria on it (and if a lot of peeps are passing it around). You could get those alcohol wipes from any office store. BTW, I don't smoke (anymore).

I remember horrible posters of pimple crusted stoners as a scare tactic in the 80's against the evils of pot. Whatev....

It's not that pot directly gives you acne, it's just that there are SO many resins not to mention the 40+ types of cannibinoids, all of which tax the liver, which we should know is the 2nd largest detoxification organ next to the......SKIN.

so if you are truly worried about it worsening your acne but you don't feel like dropping the bong- be moderate & do ALL the other GOOD {rest, bp, water} things for your skin.

namaste'

to be quite frank, i am a pothead hippie. (woops!) i actually felt as if smoking weed IMPROVED my acne. sounds odd, but maybe because it was a stress reliever. Im not saying weed will cure acne either (it was in no way a cure) but it did not worsen MY acne or that of any of my friends.

smoke up! :D/ :lol:/ :D/

I love to smoke weed, but I found that smoking way too much gave me very bad acne. I have since cut down and my acne is controlled.

Just think... sitting in a hot boxed room, stoned off your nut, smoke all over the place, cant be very good for your spots... besides, I always looked way spottier when i was very high.

I noticed no difference between me and my acne when I smoke weed. I've smoked probably 7 times in the last 8 days. I always take a shower before I go to sleep so maybe that helps. If anything the marijuana smoke will be bad for your skin.

Of course it will hurt your skin!!! Putting that kind of crap into you doesn't HELP you. This is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard!

[-X Placing any kind of toxin in your body - be it pot smoke, alcohol, aspartame, etc. - impairs the body's ability to to detoxify. It flys in the face of the whole idea of drinking lots of water to rid yourself of toxins. It's not that I am against pot, it's just that it isn't good for acne.

actually if you people stop listening to your retarded high school health teachers it will do you a lot of good.. Marijuana is a very good anti inflamitory and it also helps blood circulation. I'm not sayin smokin it is good for you but I think drinking a glass of Pepsi has more harmfull toxins in it. remember Marijuana is 100% natural not made in a friggen factory like most of the medicine and food we eat today. think about it a long time ago there wasn't ass many people with cancer and skin problems like today...why because back then the didn't eat Dorito's

I second Turnakit - ignore the high school teachers. I actually heard that weed smoke has melatonin that is good for the skin :D/ .

guinevere is right: it is impossible to lead a normal life and avoid toxins. Thank God for livers!

If anything it impairs your judgement.

pepsi or coca-cola doesn't have that type of effect.

That effect alone will stear me in the other direction.

it's your life, but Weed is bad.

It's illegal, therfore its bad.

If it were leagal, it'll still be bad.

I dont care who im offending, If you smoke weed, you deserve an kick in the face.

i hate weed, and i dislike most people who are chronic smokers. most of the kids i know who smoke tons of weed have very bad acne. and i remember i smoked it once before and the day after i had one of the worst breakouts i've ever experienced. i honestly think it worsens your acne.

I smoke, I always have a bottle of water around to rehydrate myself and I don't have any problems.

Have any of you who smoke marijuana thought what it is doing to your brain cells and body in the long-run, not the short-run? My mom went through the 60's and still sees the results of what this drug did to her peers (she is 58). I challenge you who smoke to do a search on Google or another search engine on the net and really ask yourself what the results will be. We need an upcoming generation who are not mind-numbed robots but contributors to our future in the USA!

Love,

Karen

It raises the level of estrogen, which can cause breakouts, and in rare cases gives guys tiny tits. I really don't like potheads, most are failures and depressing to look at, but I do drink sometimes(Wild Turkey Black Label, mmmm), so I can't take the moral highground.

I think weed is OK, just in moderation. I smoke weed, but it doesn't revolve around my life. I just dont like how the society portrays alcohol to be ok then weed. Alcohol is legal and weed is illegal? Thats stupid I think. I have more problems driving drunk than driving high off my mind. I understand if you people think weed is bad, but I'm a 19 year old college student with hormone running wild. What should I do on weekends................... smoke weed and drink and party or............. be a dork and play monoply and talk about Star Wars? Sorry anti weed people, my job is to party!

Oh my God...Keep your damn oppinions about what you want to do with your body to your self. Weed is natural that is the bottom line. you probably pump 100's of toxins in to your body a day, even if you don't smoke weed. Try living in a buble, its really boreing. I'm not some hippie stoner who listens to the dead, but i believe that if you want to smoke weed for any reason that suits you , go ahead. the only reason it is not legal is because the government will loose tons of money , because it is so cheap to produce and they can't tax us on it...They don't give a shit about our health ...please listen to yourselves. the government says its illegal so its not ok.....ya but its real fukin cool to drop millions of dollars of bombs on countries...grow up

i think all people are allowed their own opinions but i am a daily pot smoker, and also almost have my phd so i wouldnt say we're necessarily idiots.....

smoking anything is not GOOD for you. You cannot believe everything you hear about the negative effects of marijuana. Many sources which put out this information is bias for one reason or another. Yes, marijuana does temporarily effect your judgement. Yes, marijuana does have chemicals which can harm the body in different ways, most specifically, the lungs. Smoking one joint is equivalent to an average of 7 to 10 cigarettes, so you do the math. If you think smoking cigarettes worsens your acne, marijuana could have the same effects. It can sometimes slow blood flow, making medications and your immune system slow, or not work to their full effect.

Except for maybe being a stress reliever, marijuana smoke is just as bad as any other smoke for your skin.

Angel, That's exactly what I tried to say umpteen posts ago. I have nothing against marijuana; however, it contains toxins that can and do affect the skin and other functions of the body. I do believe that it is outrageous that it is still illegal considering that it is no more harmful than alcohol. If it were legal, perhaps I'd be more willing to indulge. However, since it remains illegal, I'll refrain.