Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falnhart

BenzaClin or Duac Gel?

Which of these two topical gels is more effective in treating or preventing occasional breakouts? Also, do they cause or promote scarring by drying out the skin, like accutane does? Lastly, do they increase breakouts like some medicines do?

My (old) derm told me that Duac is the generic form of benzaclin.....but she also later gave me differin & nothing else (big mistake). Duac/Benza just dried me out when I was using it ( no initial breakout). And they bleach everything they come in contact with, so be careful!

Guest jollajolla

I'm on benzaclin right now, and it's completely cleared up my skin. I'm using it in the morning, and tazorac att night. I'd highly recommend it. surprised.gif

Guest TylerD

I think they are both pretty much the same.

I have been on Duac the last like 4 days and its doing wonders, not really getting any new acne.

Duac at night + gentle cleanser + Nivia sensitive skin aftershave lotion (with Vitimin E and Chalomile) are really helping me so much smile.gif